8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here it is.

The cause: second gear burnouts.

Second gear broke, leading to other parts getting ruined with the loose teeth jumping around inside.

The damage-

To put all new parts(rebuild+labor) in the tranny - 2900.
To replace just gears + labor - 1900.
To get the last rebuilt Si tranny in texas - 1732
To have fun screwing up a new car - priceless.

All in all, I've learned a very valuable lesson. Next do second gear burnouts lol.

The transmission was ordered last week, and will be arriving at zero monday or tuesday. My car should be on the road mid next week.

FYI Take care of your tranny. Or car at that. I've got BIG BIG plans for this car but will have another car for back up before I decide to track it as much as I did in the past.

-pierc

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i didnt grind... this transmission cant hold second gear burnouts at the track... Such a no no.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Wow i feel so special im part of your title. Finally the beast is back in operation!!! well....soon... haha

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
or go thru the water and dump clutch in second lol Its a no no... I did that with my 615's on and it didnt bog much. Just once it didnt sound good, so i havent done them since. The second gear got weak and just fell apart on me. Sooooo a couple months later and some decent money, my car is back on the road! haha

OH BTW

dont do burnouts on street tires... does nothing. and go around the water box at the track. the 615's were the only tire i found that just burning first a little helpd. Plus keep your air pressure the same in the front(32-35psi) whatever you run on the street. You can raise the rear to 50-60 for less drag but i dont waste my time with it lol

just a little drag101 lesson..

·
garage queen
17,376 Posts
damn are kseries trannys that weak? most my friends with high hp fwd have to do a 2nd gear burnout...holds up fine.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
tomorrow they are starting it.. ima say thursday ill have her up and running again... just to be safe. :dance:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts