8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i have a viper 791 with remote start installed in my 2007 civic coupe. but ive been having problems with it since the start. at first, the remote start wouldnt start the car. it would try starting but then it would shut off. i went in to get it fixed but when i left the doors wouldnt unlock when i would use the viper keypad. i would have to unlock it with the factory alarm keypad. i went back to get it fixed and the same thing over and over. finally i just left it alone. the remote start only works once in a while but i never know when it will work or not. it usually doesnt work in the early morning or late night. so im wondering does anyone else have this problem? please help?
should i just buy a new alarm?

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Bring it back to where you got it installed and make them fix it until it works perfect or have them replace it for you free of charge with something better..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i originally got it installed by a local installer but he no longer installs anymore. so i took it to best buy so they could fix it. i took it back to best buy about 5 times to fix what they thought they fixed but nothing has been fixed. and since i didnt buy it with best buy i doubt they'll replace it for free.

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
If the installer is no longer in buisness you're on your own I believe. Did you get an instruction manual?

I think there's a crank time that has to be set with the start function, yours may be just a tad too short causing the car to not start at certain times. This was actually the case with my friends starter, it'd crank and shut off RIGHT as the car was about to start. Had it re calibrated and it was all set.

I have no idea with the locks. I really want to get a nice paging alarm installed but I'm afraid of the fact that so many wires have to be spliced into, and when working at dealers pretty much every older car with an older alarm that came in it didn't work for some reason or another and after about a year or 2 there's no longer anywhere that you can get support for the product.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes thats what mine does. it will crank up but shut off right away then it tries maybe one or two more times and then gives up. Is the re-calibration hard to do? should i have that done professionally?
the locks are working fine right now. the starter is the only problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts