8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched so dont tell me to go search for my answer...
I am going to smoke my tail lights and I was wondering the vinyl that you guys use for it.... is it like the vinyl that you find in the fabric section in like wal-mart or in hobby lobby... if so how do u get them to stick to the light? thanks for all the help I appreciate it thanks

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
Most DIYers use some Tamiya transparent smoke paint. Available at hobby stores. However, you can just buy the overlays from BlueBatmobile or something.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I heard not to use tint.... I am not wanting to paint anything either... they were saying that it can just peel off and ****? I also dont want to pay for them from somebody when I can do it myself for ALOT cheaper

·
Premium Member
221,966 Posts
Oscy76 said:
I heard not to use tint.... I am not wanting to paint anything either... they were saying that it can just peel off and ****? I also dont want to pay for them from somebody when I can do it myself for ALOT cheaper

i use tint.....my are prefect ..and i did it....for only 28 bucks:eek:hsnap:

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
to expensive for just some vinyl... but is it the same **** u buy at wal-mart/ hobby lobby fabric section type stuff

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Oscy76 said:
to expensive for just some vinyl... but is it the same **** u buy at wal-mart/ hobby lobby fabric section type stuff
The stuff he sells is a 7year vinyl. I'm not sure what walmart sells but it's worth a shot, what's the worst that happens, you waste a few bucks! Good luck!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
see the stuff I saw didnt have any backing that would make it sticky... it was just like same sided ****

1 - 20 of 30 Posts