8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, for a while now, i have noticed that i keep getting a vibration noise coming from my front left fender, i do have an AEM CAI. it sounds like the intake vibrating. this only happens when i reverse or put it in neutral. recently i just changed my exhaust and notice that when im driving i can hear it too and when i come to a complete stop, it starts vibrating. im not too sure exactly what it is but if anyone has any useful info, let me know. this is really starting to bug me now.:pray:

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
th eintake could be touching the fender well and or the metal frame wen u installed it..i have the same too..its not touching the frame of the car ( the last piping to the filter) but its touching the plastic wheel well slightly. ( i managed to cut the well..like it says on the inst. but only a corner)..show some pics..

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i think its rubbing on the metal frame. i was looking at it today and did a temp. modification but its still vibrating not not near as often as it was. what should i do considering its rubbing against metal?

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
uninstall the bottom half of the intake to the filter and adjust the position of the pipe. and then just bolt the part back on to the frame ( make sure its not touching.if u leave it for more drive for more than 1000 miles, u will damage the pipe from the grind of the metal frame. readjust it as soon as possible

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
I used to have the AEM CAI and had the same prob as you. There is a little adjustment you can get out of it, you just have to find the right spot. I didnt even trim the inner fender either and it was fine. It just takes time and a few choice words.

·
Registered
7,339 Posts
My Fujita Sri vibrates against the engine harness plastic cover(the one right on top of the tranny) placed double sided tape at that location,but I still get a small vibration not as loud as before.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.