8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well just like everybody else im patiently waiting for the CT Stage 2...while im waiting im getting everything else i need...next is a header...

im looking between the strup and vibrant catless...ive read a lot about the 2 headers but its all about All Motor and nothing on how they preform with a supercharger.....the strup looks like it makes more steady power with an all motor setup then the vibrant...i know Strup is a 2 inch header and Vibrant is a 2.5?

is it worth spending the extra $200 or will the strup preform just as well?

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Since your planning to go F/I i think vibrant is the way to go due to the bigger piping, but if your looking to save some money then the strup should suffice.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Since your planning to go F/I i think vibrant is the way to go due to the bigger piping, but if your looking to save some money then the strup should suffice.

:yeahthat::thumb:

<<< Coming from a guy with the BCRH lol

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
im just gonna say get the vibrant. pm glxygry06si and ask him. he just put his vibrant cat less header on and from what iv heard its nice. he had the dc pryer to the vibrant

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im just gonna say get the vibrant. pm glxygry06si and ask him. he just put his vibrant cat less header on and from what iv heard its nice. he had the dc pryer to the vibrant
ive been researching and reading threads and most threads show the strup header makes a decent increase....whocares got 10whp out of his strup while another member who dyno'd with his vibrant only made 8whp

this is all motor too....mite make a difference with F/I

·
Registered
481 Posts
But I thought you said you were waiting on the stage 2 charger? Then you said that you want whatever makes more n/a power? Are you planning on boosting or not because that's pretty important info if you want advice on a header.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
if u do f/i then i would say that the vibrant would be the best to get do to the fact that it is 2.5 inch. the strup is perrty much the same as the dc race header

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
But I thought you said you were waiting on the stage 2 charger? Then you said that you want whatever makes more n/a power? Are you planning on boosting or not because that's pretty important info if you want advice on a header.
never said that.....reading owns....i said i read in other threads that Strup makes more power then the Vibrant header N/A....im wondering if it is the same for F/I...thats it

never said i want a header thats makes most N/A

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
strup does well NA but i think FI the vibrant would have the advantage due to larger pipeing. i have the vibrant the quality is flawless. get it you won't be dissapointed.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
look closely at the welds on all three...notice how at the coupler unions the more expensive your header gets the less sever the angle and difference in shape gets...me, personally, I'm looking at vibrant...although if I find 200 bucks in the couch before I go to order I'll probably spring for the BCRH...and while I'm at it, what's up with the springs on the BCRH?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Im running a CTSC with Injen SRI, BCRH, and Skunk2 70MM exhaust. If your going to SC your car dont go cheap man. I'm running Buddy Club race header and have no regreats on the price I paid for it, it looks and sounds great. A friend of mine ran almost the same setup as I am, only he was using a DCRH. You can deffently feel and hear the differance. If your a hell bent on your choice between Strup or Vibrant, without a doubt i would go Vibrant. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Dont spend the 200 for nothing the strup is great and performs just as well as the vibrant header. As far as buddy club when you spend almost a thousand dollars it better do more than sound a little better. Sory but for performance per the dollar get strup your not losing anything and your saving 200 dollars. As far as the strup quality it is a beautiful piece and you will not be dissapointed in any way. Dont waste your money on the hype youll never see the header anyway and as far as hp they are all 1-2 hp close to each other depending what dyno what day

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
I sold a dc to buy a vibrant I like the vibrant more hands down there is no comparing the 2 the vibrant is twice as big as the dc the vibrant secondaries are the same as the dc collector

·
Registered
999 Posts
^^^ at the same time, size isn't everything...lol...
It terms of forced induction, it definitely is. The car needs retarded sized primaries or even a triumpet style collector to make real power, superchargers do not like backpressure, the easier the flow the more power. More queue'd air in the manifold = higher iat's

·
Registered
390 Posts
Once again peoples oppinion and theory are not backed by any type of dyno or real world results. The only pricey header that gives a little more power is hytech. The rest its all the same. I mean look at the track times granted you have to take driving into consideration but plenty of people have had the dc with good results and the strup definetely makes power matter of fact it out dynod a vibrant by a whopping 2 hp and Im sure you can find dyno where the vibrant makes 1 or 2 more hp. Save your money get a strup ceramic coated with the defouler and feel good with the extra 2 3 hundred chilling in the bank

1 - 20 of 72 Posts