8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have this combination? Or just the muffler. I don’t want anything too crazy loud, just want a deeper tone. Local guy in my city is getting rid of some mufflers he had in stock for a decent price.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I'm stock on stock exhaust. But I'm definitely interested in the Vibrant custom exhaust. I think this is cheaper than buying a new exhaust. Do you mind sharing how much your exhaust shop quoted you for? And how much for the Muffler and resonator?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
He quoted me give or take around $200 for the muffler + install and then $65 for installation of the resonator. Have to get one somewhere myself if i want the resonator. Quick search on amazon show that a vibrant 1046 muffler is 196.17 and a resonator is 121.02. all prices are in CAD

·
Registered
9 Posts
(this post was just emailed to me so I assumed it was fresh, although Im now seeing its about 8 months old, haha. Well, for anyone in this same situation, heres my two cents!)

Just some food for thought, Im in the same boat as you in that I just want to add a little more of the deeper volume. I must have looked at every system people mentioned and everything always went too raspy/ricey at WOT. I thought back to how much I loved the flowmaster exhaust I had on my old mustang GT and in an act of desperation I looked looked to see if they had anything I could use. It turns out they make a muffler for 4 cyl engines that is exactly what I have been looking for! Its the Flowmaster 60 series. Theres a couple videos of it on various cars at different speeds and its basically the type of sound you get from a CAI. I already have a CAI and love the sound it makes so more of that is exactly what I want. I'd say get the 60 series muffler and have you shop build you a cat back to go with it.

·
Registered
311 Posts
(this post was just emailed to me so I assumed it was fresh, although Im now seeing its about 8 months old, haha. Well, for anyone in this same situation, heres my two cents!)

Just some food for thought, Im in the same boat as you in that I just want to add a little more of the deeper volume. I must have looked at every system people mentioned and everything always went too raspy/ricey at WOT. I thought back to how much I loved the flowmaster exhaust I had on my old mustang GT and in an act of desperation I looked looked to see if they had anything I could use. It turns out they make a muffler for 4 cyl engines that is exactly what I have been looking for! Its the Flowmaster 60 series. Theres a couple videos of it on various cars at different speeds and its basically the type of sound you get from a CAI. I already have a CAI and love the sound it makes so more of that is exactly what I want. I'd say get the 60 series muffler and have you shop build you a cat back to go with it.

Thanks I'll look into it. I found a used Vibrant 1622 streetpower Catback system for sale, but I think they are a little loud. I like it, but I can't exactly roll up into my place or worship with a loud exhaust like that. LOL! I need to maintain a low profile.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts