8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vibrant Header with Cat Installed!!! Swweeeett!!!
I got the Vibrant Header w/ Cat for Christmas. Thanks to wife and Corpsort.

My mods so far are a Fujita SRI, P2R spacer & gaskets, Hondata IMG, and a Tanabe Concept G Medallion Touring cat back exhaust.

My goal has been HP without getting too loud, and the Tanabe rocks. Very deep and low.

Anyway, I was very nervous that the Vibrant might make things a little louder than I wanted.

However, I took the plunge and installed anyway. However I first wrapped it with DEI exhaust wrap. I was a shame because it looked so good straight. But lower temps, more HP, etcetera convinced me to do this. Also, when you remove the factory exhaust you loose the heat shield.

So here is the thing... I swear my car is quieter than with the factory header and cat. Is this possible or am i just freaking out???

It sounds deep and low. Seems to have a much more linear power band. The VTEC "snap" is gone. It just pulls straight and hard, without the crossover noise. Which I liked... However, seems much more powerfull.

Anyone else with a simular experience?

Also curious anyone had a problem with temperature raising after loosing the factory heat shield?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Cool man...any chance of some different speed fly by videos of your setup? I'd like to hear what you car sounds like with what you have on it.

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
I just ordered this header earlier today. Can't wait till it comes in so I can slap it on next week.

·
Registered
529 Posts
U got any...

Hey bro can u give us some #'s ur car is putting out now with all ur Bolt on's HP and TQ would be nice. Congrats! on the gift.:vtec:

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
lol second vid. getting on it down the street as some little kid is crossing the road. saftey first?
on a side note i installed this header yesterday and its pretty good quality if i say so myself.

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
Sounds great! Can't wait for mine to come in (hopefully tomorrow) so I can put it on Sat.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
it was easy to do but time consuming as you can't see any of the bolts when your taking them off lol half of it is by feel. if you've got the extra 150 have someone do it. if you dont mind spending 5hours on it. do it yourself. its up to you

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
it was easy to do but time consuming as you can't see any of the bolts when your taking them off lol half of it is by feel. if you've got the extra 150 have someone do it. if you dont mind spending 5hours on it. do it yourself. its up to you
Its really not that hard to do. I need to get a local to buy a header so we can do a step by step pictorial on the installation. Do a real clean write up.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts