8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am very stuck on getting a vibrant catback for my 07 si fg2 because from the vids i have seen the exhaust sounds amazing. I am wondering though how loud it will be if i get the vibrant h/HFC can any1 that has actually heard this setup in person give me any info and maybe other setups that sound similar? I have seen vids but i dont think it does justice without actually hearing it yourself. Thanks

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I think the best thing for you to do would be to figure out who lives in your area that has it and will possibly meet up with you to let you hear it in person. There are so many different point of views on every exhaust/ header available that you will hear all sorts of answers. Watching and listening to the videos will be best for you (if you cannot meet someone in person) because you will hear it for yourself and will be able to justify a good or not so good sound.

There are many sound clips with that header attached to various cat-back as well. You will need to be mindful of that as some exhaust will make it sound louder, quieter, raspier, or muffled.

There is a thread here with a video of several people taking off with different exhaust. Also Youtube is a good source to be able to listen to different combos. I understand you have been looking at different videos and what to hear what someone else thinks of the exhaust, however it is you that is going to be buying the exhaust. If you cannot judge for yourself if you like the sound by a video I really feel like you need to find someone locally or find a local meet with someone with that set-up on their car to see how they like it.

Contradicting to what I just mentioned, there is a moderator for this site. If I remember his name correctly nitrousg35, he has a vibrant race header w/hfc and vibrant cat-back. He has a thread dedicated to it, even added a second resonator because it was a bit too loud for him. If you want personal experience you might want to shoot him a PM to find out any additional information you may need.

Other then that good luck with your quest and I hope that you find the exhaust/ answers you are looking for.

... Here is his thread for your viewing pleasure

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/bolt...-cat-back-exhaust-installed-today-my-fa5.html

1 - 3 of 3 Posts