8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats the difference between the Vibrant Header cat delete and the Vibrant Header High FLow, i know one cost more, but what about performance and what not...Ive gotten the fujita intake and skunk 2 mega power r exhuast..thinking about getting a new header

Attachments

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
I think they visually inspect for a cat here so unless you live in a county that doesn't have emissions you probably won't pass catless.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
The Vibrant RH w/o cat will show about 4-8 hp more, depending on the mods you have. I got this straight from Donovan Griffith of Vibrant Performance, and who is a very good friend of mine.

This from Donovan:
Hey Bill, Spoke to a few local guys out here who are using our RH with HFC and without and the dyno numbers vary. Based on your complete set-up (intake, exhaust, etc) the numbers have shown between 4-8hp difference. Some cars might even experience a bigger difference. I'm waiting for these guys to get me there dyno sheets so that I can show them to you. Best regards,
Donavan Griffith

I have a Vibrant race header w/hfc. The cat is OBDI compliant. It has a metallic substrate core. It is not OBDII legal and will not pass a sniffer test. Vibrant even says that it is for "Off Road Use Only".

What I would do is get a regular Vibrant header w/o a cat. Then, I would do like NA06Si did and use a shorty Magnaflow hfc that is OBDII compliant. You would still have your performance while being able to pass a sniffer test.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.