8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay all lets start, I was making a left or right had turn at low speed 5 mph or so as i was turnig it sounded like the axel popped out and it made a strange grinding noise. wile the car was still in gear it went to idle rpm around 500 rpm. When i put the car in neutral then 2nd gear i got grip again and was able to drive home. when i got home i tried to do the same thing. Taking the car to my storage untill i can find time to take it in i was in 2nd gear costing down and it popped out right after i stoped accelerating. I'm thinking it is the axel because it sounds like the little gears on your axel grinding and its only on the driver side of the car. but i'm no pro so thats why i will take it into the shop. unless someone can tell me what they think it could be or what i could look into. Hope i can get some help if not its okay, i cant really describe what is happening except the fact that its a grinding sound and its only on the driver side wheel area.

Then i tried this...

Okay so i jacked up the car and grabed that axel and was able to movie it in and out of trans(hope you know what i mean) and it was able to move about 2/8th inch. I was told that it should not move at all and if it does then i have a bad axle. I didn't have time to take it off but if you all think its a good idea then i will. IF you all have no idea and think i should wast my money giving it to a shop that will steal my money(lol) then i will!!

Hope this video will help you guys diag whats wrong.

Nasty grinding - YouTube

Thank you

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
take it to a dealer. you clearly have no place working around a car...
Realy what makes you say that, just because you have no idea what i'm talking about!!!

Dont say anthing unless you have an answer for me, i dont need ur bs answers

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
you made 2 threads about the same thing. you got answers and you ignored them. its kinda hard to diagnose a grinding somewhere from the wheel... could be anything from rubbing your fender, to a ****ty bearing. impossible to tell without being there. take it to a shop and pay the man to fix it. this isn't webmech. if you think its the halfshaft, then replace it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
okay all lets start, I was making a left or right had turn at low speed 5 mph or so as i was turnig it sounded like the axel popped out and it made a strange grinding noise. wile the car was still in gear it went to idle rpm around 500 rpm. When i put the car in neutral then 2nd gear i got grip again and was able to drive home. when i got home i tried to do the same thing. Taking the car to my storage untill i can find time to take it in i was in 2nd gear costing down and it popped out right after i stoped accelerating. I'm thinking it is the axel because it sounds like the little gears on your axel grinding and its only on the driver side of the car. but i'm no pro so thats why i will take it into the shop. unless someone can tell me what they think it could be or what i could look into. Hope i can get some help if not its okay, i cant really describe what is happening except the fact that its a grinding sound and its only on the driver side wheel area.

Then i tried this...

Okay so i jacked up the car and grabed that axel and was able to movie it in and out of trans(hope you know what i mean) and it was able to move about 2/8th inch. I was told that it should not move at all and if it does then i have a bad axle. I didn't have time to take it off but if you all think its a good idea then i will. IF you all have no idea and think i should wast my money giving it to a shop that will steal my money(lol) then i will!!

Hope this video will help you guys diag whats wrong.

Nasty grinding - YouTube

Thank you
I'm a little late to the party, but I have a similar issue. I recently replaced my half-axel (driver side) because the slinh was getting warn down to the point of leaking grease through my wheel well. Anyway, I listened to your video and the second you turn back around (towards the end of the video last couple seconds) is exactly why my car makes. At first I thought I got a little bit of grease on the brake-pads/rotors so I cleaned them off with some degreaser, but was still having the noise. I then changed my break pads (they were starting to get pretty warn down anyway) and I am still having the same issue. At first I thought it was with turns, but now I just hear it (from driver side) constantly going around 45-50 unless I let off the gas and let it coast or of I give or gas till about 60-65+ is when k stop hearing it but I will still occasionally hear or then.

Any idea what might be the problem?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts