8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 SI, everything is great on it except that (at the wrong times) the vents wont open, so ill turn the fan on but the air will not come out any faster than a trickle...but, the fan is blowing you can hear it. and of course its like being sick...get to the dealer and it works perfectly... and it happens on the days when you want the heat up of when it would be nice to turn the ac on. note: it doesnt only do it on extreme tempurature days, i.e. ice cold, or burning hot. anyone have this problem?

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
For me it happened only when the heat was on, only when I start my car. After a few minutes it starts blowing warm air. Almost seems like it's a design feature so the car won't blow cold air. Didn't see anything in the manual though.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thats weird. And you have it set up obviously on the arrow pointing towards you on the console, not the feet and face, or all feet option. LOL
thats how it works i thought it was like the clapper ::clap:: ac ::clap:: ac off.. lol.. its probably a sign that i should just yank the ac cond out and gain all that HP back!! Problem solved
mine does it mostly when the Ac is on, and you get no air anywhere its like the vents are closed ... its more of a annoyance than anything else

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yea when I first got the car and people used to the heat up on bust and towards your face I was like woah wtf, do you wanna lose an eye haha.. It's not like it anymore really.. jus get the odd piece laying on the dash every now and then.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
side note, when the air vents are to the face & feet position, the airflow is split between the feet & all four face vents, but there's a bias to the outside face vents over the center face vents. hence why the flow seems less in the middle.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.