8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

61 - 80 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
19,488 Posts
So what your saying is that us metal tube :giggle: sri owners make no power with these things? :popcorn:

·
Registered
19,488 Posts
You maybe make a few more ponies

·
Registered
9,595 Posts
02civicsi is right. if i woulda known i woulda went x intake but i do love the sound of my fujita and in cooler weather it performs well

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Actually my SRI(X-Intake - rubber tube) has a 15 degree temapture difference from ambient.
Thats not bad actually

i like my sri and my ability to drive thru puddles :biggrin:
Jeff powers right on through puddles and flooded streets. No joke, smashes the gas and doesn't slow down lol. I wouldn't recommend it though lol.

·
Registered
28,322 Posts
@ this point it's just conjecture but I know what kind of power my car is making & have no bogging taking place from heatsoak with my intake setup.

·
Registered
28,322 Posts
02civicsi is right. if i woulda known i woulda went x intake but i do love the sound of my fujita and in cooler weather it performs well
One of the things I :love: about the X is that it's practically silent.
Thats not bad actually
Most CAI owners are getting that level of temperature difference over ambient.

·
Registered
19,488 Posts
It's cause your boosted. :sadbanana:

I had bogging issues with my first K&N sri(first version)

But not with this one... :biggrin:

·
Registered
9,595 Posts
Thats not bad actually

Jeff powers right on through puddles and flooded streets. No joke, smashes the gas and doesn't slow down lol. I wouldn't recommend it though lol.
so thats the secret.. lol

you said earlier you wouldnt reccomend this for an sri im assuming since the air is not forced as much as in a CAI therefore it really doesnt apply ?

·
Registered
28,322 Posts
It's cause your boosted. :sadbanana:

I had bogging issues with my first K&N sri(first version)

But not with this one... :biggrin:
There are boosted(S/C) people who had bogging issues. There is a local friend who complained about bogging on his Stg 1 kit when it would get real hot & humid. He was also on the S/C Reflash if that had anything to with it or not.

·
Registered
19,488 Posts
Stupid metal tube. :giggle:

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #73 (Edited)
One of the things I :love: about the X is that it's practically silent.

Most CAI owners are getting that level of temperature difference over ambient.
I wanna say our intake air temps were lower than your 15 over ambient last time at the track, but I honestly cannot remember.

I will be sure to check all the datalogs this weekend when we go back to the open track day.

edit: in other words, you cant hold me to that statement until I confirm it this weekend. lol

we all know how the internet loves to get their panties in a bunch over something so small and stupid.

·
Registered
28,322 Posts
I waited forever to get my intake because of all the issues that the current one have or had. I've installed both AEM & Injen CAIs to know that is not something I wanted because of what I saw when installing them. IMHO there is an inherent design flaw when the metal tube enters into the area which used to be occupied by the resonator. Regular SRI, forget it.

·
Registered
28,322 Posts
I wanna say our intake air temps were lower than that over ambient last time at the track, but I honestly cannot remember.

I will be sure to check all the datalogs this weekend when we go back to the open track day.

edit: in other words, you cant hold me to that statement until I confirm it this weekend. lol

we all know how the internet loves to get their panties in a bunch over something so small and stupid.
Are you saying that your IATs were lower than ambient?

Please do post about your IATs after track day

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Have an AEM cai and will prob be ordering this once I see the filter+velocity stack pricing....also....since we're at it, can anyone give me any tips as to what I can do to lower IAT's or am I fine running the cai as is?

·
Registered
28,322 Posts
The one part of the AEM CAI that I like the most is the fact it comes with a hose that is bent more to address the issue of the OEM radiator hose touching the new intake elbow.

Install an IMG, a TB spacer with two gaskets & do the TB coolant bypass.

61 - 80 of 97 Posts