8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

41 - 60 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
You guys will see what we brought these up. Its less to sell them on their own and more to sell them as a kit with the needed filter. (though just about any 6inch ID filer will work. )

The thread was also posted to help show people what all is out there. We never claimed these to be some new thing we found... lol

We are still waiting on the filters we ordered for them to show up. We were hoping that they would be here by this week but it is not looking that way. :(

·
Registered
28,322 Posts
OEM of course. DO not be so quick to discount the OEM intake system. All the Fajita is a metal tube with a filter on the end of it.

·
Registered
19,488 Posts

Fajitas :drooling:

·
Registered
19,488 Posts
OEM of course. DO not be so quick to discount the OEM intake system. All the Fajita is a metal tube with a filter on the end of it.
All the OEM intake system is a rubber tube with a filter on the end of it. :giggle:

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #53

·
Registered
19,488 Posts
That's why it superior to a metal tube, it won't heat up. Composites FTW

:sadface:

Installed my K&N short ram yesterday. :spaz:

Tube was ubber hot after a run to the store. :pout:

·
Registered
9,595 Posts
It would, but with it being a short ram intake, I wouldn't recommend spending the money and time on it.

I would more go with SRI = fail

:drooling:

Can we keep this thread semi on topic from here on out? I don't want to delete posts but this thread kinda got out of hand lol.

i like my sri and my ability to drive thru puddles :biggrin:

·
Registered
19,488 Posts
Actually my SRI(X-Intake - rubber tube) has a 15 degree temapture difference from ambient.
I'm sure your sri makes the same horsepower as any sri would.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
i can touch my k&n intake tube after a 15 min drive, street and freeway. i think the tubing is aluminum. its not the polished metal. its been like 90's here too

41 - 60 of 97 Posts