8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
v dubs with aftermarket exhaust always have such a nice deep tone to them. anyone whose heard one knows what i'm talking about. they're really the only car i hear with aftermarket and go wow that sounds nice.

people say the greddy evo 2 is deep, does it sound similar to v dubs with exhausts?

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
well Vdubs like GTIs are turbo... so they will have a much different sound than any N/A engine

the evo2 is a nice exhaust, i have it

my brother had a really nice 20th anniversary GTI with some work done to it, and when im slowing down in gear and the revs start to drop, the evo2 sounds like pure sex and it was sort of similar to how my brother's GTI sounded

but dont try and make your K20 sound like a boosted vdub engine because they're just different

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I had a remus on my old 1.8T..and it was quiet but very deep at higher rpms..the guy at the shop said the reason for this was because the turbo cancels out the exhaust a bit...but IMO the evo2 wont sound the same due to the N/A factor as mentioned above

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
The sexiest exhaust tone is with out a doubt...an STi with an aftermarket exhaust. No matter what exhaust it is.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
I've had a 2005 GLI(nice little unique tone) and a 07 WRX(love the boxxer engine and the pur*had aftermarket exhaust*) and 07 SI Coupe(No Resonator on stock exhaust nice deep sound). and i dont think i can pick one that i really like. they all have their own sound and i think they all sound sexxxy.haha..but for like a deep sound DC's sounds pretty deep and when you want to get on it they scream and are still nice sounding. i dont own one myself but from what i heard they seem pretty nice. Greddy seems like they are all pretty deep sounding and if you want to get on it they can get loud as well. best bet is probably trying to find someone on here local to you and listen to theirs if videos dont do it justice.

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
Well a vw turbo engine will never sound n/a, the turbo and not to mention they make more torque than hp will make it sound differet. a non turbo say a vr6 is bigger and more torque.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts