8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This coming Sunday VCMC is hosting their Series #1 AutoX, wonder if anyone from 8th Civic is going?

I am going. Just got a new set of brake pads/rotors done and going to test them out. Really wondering how good will Project Mu HC+ pad with PowerSlot cryo-treated rotors work.

Here is a link to their events
VCMC Series #1 May 23 2010

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I might go to the VCMC June 13 event, not sure yet.

My front tires are right on the wear bar, and rear tire aren't looking all that good either. Don't think I can get my new tires in time either events :( Plus, I really need to get front camber bolts now. The outside tire wear is killing me :(

·
Registered
224 Posts
I KNOW! my tires are feathered to Sh!t :( need to get my fenders rolled also. Know any places that provide that service and do it well? *no paint cracking*

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Why do you need to roll your fender!? What size of tires are you running?

I am running 225/45 17 with HFS drop. I don't need to roll my fender at all. There was a gentleman who drives a 8th Civic Si Coupe with 235/45 17 tires on his stock Civic. I don't see him rub the fender. Unless you have extreme drop and tire size. I think you will be fine.

For me most likely need to get Camber kit as well.

·
Registered
224 Posts
i'm running 225/45/17 on 17x8 +32 dropped on Tokico HTS and Prokits. Really conservative drop just 1" all round, kinda frustrating that they rub, I only have enough rubber to last me the summer anyways so its not abig deal, but i was hoping to be able to run 225/45 's vs 215/45 's :( oh well

My rears rub cause my tires have such massive sidewalls (Potenza RE01R) there are pics up in the wheel and tires forum i'll get the link.

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/wheel-tire-upgrades/212442-rears-rubbing-but-not-fronts.html

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can see where you are rubbing. I would say the rear camber kit will do much better job than fender roll.

I personally planning to just install the front camber bolts and get it -1.3~-1.5 camber to start up with and see how it goes. I am in the STX class now, the rim with has to stay 7.5 and I can't go wider than 225. So, the next thing to play with is the camber and alignment setup for me. Sigh...

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
My front tires would be so shredded right now if I tried to autoX on them. They're ripped though the plastic liner so now they just rub on the metal underneath :/
Too damn low anyways, understeer FTL.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BTW, tirerack.com is saling Yokohama AD08 225/45 17 for $178 USD per tire!!

Such a great deal while some local tire shop is charging over $300 bucks for the tire. Just thought you guys might want to check it out.

Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD08

I think I found my next tires :)

·
Registered
224 Posts
stx limits you to 7.5? 8" is still within class limits :) i hope i don't remember reading that our stx class limits rim width to 7.5 max was * and 245 width .....

·
Registered
330 Posts
Quoted from the 2010 SCCA Rulebook:
14.3 TIRES
Tires must meet the eligibility requirements of the Stock category (ex- cluding 13.3.F), with the following additional restrictions:
A. Tires may have section widths up to and including the following: ST, STS, STR (AWD) – 225 mm STX (AWD), STU (AWD) – 245 mm STR (2WD) – 255 mm
STX (2WD) – 265 mm
STU (2WD) – 285 mm
B. Tires must have a minimum UTQG treadwear rating of 140.
C. Tire models must not appear on the following list, which may be al- tered at any time by the SEB upon notification of the membership.
Pirelli P Zero Corsa
14.4 WHEELS
Any wheels are allowed with widths up to the following: ST, STS, STR (AWD) – 7.5” STX (AWD) – 8.0” STX (2WD), STR (2WD) – 9.0”
STU – unlimited

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My bad... I guess I was reading on AWD XD

Mmm.... 8.0 width and 265 tire limitation eh...
I wonder if I should go for 245 or 255 front and 225 rear. That would be fun :p

·
Registered
330 Posts
My bad... I guess I was reading on AWD XD

Mmm.... 8.0 width and 265 tire limitation eh...
I wonder if I should go for 245 or 255 front and 225 rear. That would be fun :p
It's actually 9.0" limitation for STX 2WD, from what I read - it can be a little confusing.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Ahah, i was too lazy to go read the SCCA manual over again, thx rostapuff. See you June 19 eh? Auto x 201 ! Time to up our driving level :)

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yah, the SCCA rule book can be pretty confusing.

But wow, 9" limitation!? Dang, so going all the way to 265 isn't a problem at all. Mmm.... now I really have to think about which size I want to go with now.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah, see you at 201!

Are you planning to go to the trackday at Mission?
I am not going on the 19th, but I will go to this weekend VCMC NCT#2 event.
Just got my front camber kit installed and did a custom alignment setup. The car felt much more stable around corners now. Well, we'll find out this Sunday.

And yes, I am going to the June 28th VCMC track day event. Hopefully, I can get my Yokohama AD08 mounted and engine oil change before the track day.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts