8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay some of you might know what im trying to say here but for those who don't enjoy the show...

Here is a pic of the Monaro by Vauxhall

seem familiar?... not yet :thumb:

how bout now?

is it ringing?
ta da here you go

it turns out that the pontiac gto as we know it is vauxhall monaro well at least to my knowledge i am doing further research to prove that pontiac just stole the idea but i know the engine is 5.7 ls2 so im guessing it's chevy's there's also the 6.0 liter vx-r which is the newest gto with 400hp :party: im proud of myself because i really didnt know that rep if ya want :thumb:

·
Registered
287 Posts
The Vauxhall was launched AFTER the Ponaitc GTO. THe Holden Monaro is the original version of the car.
Not to mention that yellow pic is a chop.
Original:

·
Registered
313 Posts
Right. Holden Monaro (In Australia) became Pontiac GTO (In US) and recently became Vauxhall Monaro (In Europe). All three companies are owned by General Motors. Pontiac didn't really steal the idea (or vice versa), it's kind of like how the Honda Accord in Europe and Japan = Acura TSX in North America.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jbbrann said:
Right. Holden Monaro (In Australia) became Pontiac GTO (In US) and recently became Vauxhall Monaro (In Europe). All three companies are owned by General Motors. Pontiac didn't really steal the idea (or vice versa), it's kind of like how the Honda Accord in Europe and Japan = Acura TSX in North America.
okay cool, i just recently found this out i was surprised

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
~racnjsn04~ said:
I would not touch that car with a ten foot stick! Just ugly IMO!!
Between autocrossing and doing track events the last 11 years, I can tell you one thing... It's on the inside that counts. That thing could look like the Aztek, but the moment the 6.0L burbled to life, I'd forget it even had sheetmetal!

If you've never driven a truly fast car (and I don't mean around the block or around the neighborhood), you owe it to yourself to try and do so at an autocross or a road course.

Anthony "Mario" Crea

·
Premium Member
7,195 Posts
honda93 said:
Between autocrossing and doing track events the last 11 years, I can tell you one thing... It's on the inside that counts. That thing could look like the Aztek, but the moment the 6.0L burbled to life, I'd forget it even had sheetmetal!

If you've never driven a truly fast car (and I don't mean around the block or around the neighborhood), you owe it to yourself to try and do so at an autocross or a road course.

Anthony "Mario" Crea
To be honest I've driven some pretty fast cars, but the Honda civic gets me all the power and gas mileage I really need. I will prolly never buy another v8 in my life unless I win the lottery or somthing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts