8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
^^^Yeah, so are these really from Honda of Japan, or are the ones people are selling back for $60 being painted and resold for $130?
i believe
the REAL JDM valve covers say Honda Manufacturer Ltd
our USDM just same Honda on the top of the valve cover

well our stock ones are plastic?
the k20s are made outta metal

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
sounds like it. I don't know why someone would want a core back if they are slling you an OEM part. :confused:
My thoughts exactly...

i believe
the REAL JDM valve covers say Honda Manufacturer Ltd
our USDM just same Honda on the top of the valve cover
...if that's true, then they are doing exactly what I asked about...anyone know for sure? I'm sure there are some hardcore JDM enthusiasts on here that would know.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
damn! all these different responses has me confused and thinking twice about where to get the real red valve cover. so where should i go for the right one?

·
Registered
339 Posts
The original link with the shop buying stock valve covers works like this.

They sell OEM ITR valve covers (which say only "HONDA" btw). They then refer those customers to ME so I can offer to buy their cores for powder coating. He's not re-using them, he's just getting me some core business. Also, it's a way for customers to be able to sell their stock cover for sure and with no hassle.

The covers are legit.

Steve

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.