8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Six eyes
5,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a call to anyone who has experience with powdercoating K-series valve covers.......

1. How did you remove the rubber spark plug seals? If you didn't, how did they stand up to the heat of curing?
2. What's the best way to mask all the machined surfaces of the valve cover?
3. Any other tips/suggestions?

Thanks in advance! :wavey:
Jason

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
r3v's build thread has a nice diagram how to remove the spark plug seals. she also might be able to help you in any other questions. she didn't powder coat it herself but she prepped it for it

·
Registered
6,449 Posts

·
Six eyes
5,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ah, just the man to talk to :)

I managed to get the seals out, thanks to some tips from r3v and Fluid Film lubricant (worth its weight in gold!!).
I'm going to sand down all the casting marks before I do it, and do a final 360 grit wet sand (already done most of it) for a smooth finish. Any other recommendations before I dive in? :)

·
Six eyes
5,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't see why not... just make sure you avoid all machined surfaces :)

·
Purpul Plane 4ever!
40,686 Posts
did you use the "nomar method" from Rev's thread? :giggle:

im gonna hurt you if you do the LED tails before me....I have a new idea.

·
Six eyes
5,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hahaha, no I decided to grow a brain...the LED tails have taken a back seat to things that MUST be done before spring :)

I used the Nomar method plus a good shot of Liquid Film lubricant, which REALLY helped!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.