8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 07 si coupe. i got i,h,e. the question is, i got a type r valve cover and i want to put a breather on it. my injen cai has a hose that goes from the valve cover to the intake. can i remove that hose and put a small breather on the valve cover????????? or is it necessary to have it hooked to the intake for suction?

·
Registered
7,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well, it allows gases to escape.... hence the name. its for looks. you dont have to have one.

·
Registered
7,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i think so...... idk. its hooked up to the intake anyways so the gases get sucked out anyways.... im sure to much pressure is bad.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hate to wake up a thread that's over 4 years old but I can't create a new thread for the topic... Anyway, I have an 07 Si sedan. I've got weapon r sri, 72mm tbs, dc header, tsudo cat-back. Recently my car started to idle extremely rough. It almost sounded like a misfire. I started checking for vacuum leaks and found nothing. Then I pulled the hose off of the valve cover that runs into the intake pipe and suddenly the car started to idle beautifully. I have since simply put a filter on the outlet from the valve cover and capped the hole on the intake pipe and the car is still idling just like it used to. Anyone have any ideas as to why this was happening?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts