8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i was thinking about getting the V1 and i had a question possibly a stupid one. (not were im getting it from) On ebay i went on there to gets more pics of it, and i saw a red wire, what is that used for. Because i jus thought it came with the power cord that goes into the cig lighter thing and bam thats it ( http://cgi.ebay.com/Valentine-One-1...ameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting ) in this site you can see the red wire im talking about and i didn't think there was wiring needed to hook it up. Any info on it would be helpful !!!!!!!

remote is a great investment, sometimes the v1 homepage has the best price by the way

def worth the investment...

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you, yea i was just making sure b4 i go out and buy this, and another question have you guys ever had any problems with this radar that you had to send it back to get it fix?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I've got the V1 for my Si.......trust me, it's well worth the price. I drove from Chicago to New York and back, and it has never let me down. Warnings are early and precise, and it never misses a potential bogey. As previously stated, you can just plug it into your Accessory Port or you can direct wire it for convenience.....I originally had it just plugged in, but because Valentine recommends the V1 be mounted high on the windshield, the long cord hanging down became pretty annoying; so I wired it to my interior lights instead..........been beautiful ever since.

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
I've got the V1 for my Si.......trust me, it's well worth the price. I drove from Chicago to New York and back, and it has never let me down. Warnings are early and precise, and it never misses a potential bogey. As previously stated, you can just plug it into your Accessory Port or you can direct wire it for convenience.....I originally had it just plugged in, but because Valentine recommends the V1 be mounted high on the windshield, the long cord hanging down became pretty annoying; so I wired it to my interior lights instead..........been beautiful ever since.

This is exactly why I wanna mount it on the sunvisor. Needs to be high, plus we can wire it into the existing lighting! Whoohoo

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've had my V1 for 4 years and haven't had any problems with it whatsoever.

I highly recommend spending the extra $40 for the remote display. Until I got it I had many cases of people riding my tail to watch my warning lights.

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
I've had my V1 for 4 years and haven't had any problems with it whatsoever.

I highly recommend spending the extra $40 for the remote display. Until I got it I had many cases of people riding my tail to watch my warning lights.

Hahaha yeah I always follow at least one faster car then me! I call him my 'BAIT' haha

·
Registered
86 Posts
You wouldnt have to send it back, its arguably the best detector ever. And when paired with the lidatec LE-30 your practically invincible!!
I can think of a couple situations where no matter what you have your gonna be ******, especially with Instant-ON. Seen it happen even with GumBall 3000 cars who have the most sophisticated equipment. I even monitor police frequencies and I know I'm not going to be covered. When I was out flying the other day when I got down the state patrol chopper pilot was refueling.. took a minute to talk to him and he told me some stories as well about how he paced people from the air, followed them to their house, and gave 5-0 the location. Your NEVER invincible! :thumb:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Just a word: It's not workth buying a used V1 on ebay as I have watched several auction's final price go higher than the $399 you can buy the unit for new at Valentine's web site. If the price is lower make sure the unit is updated to the newest version. You can check that by getting the serial number fom the seller and entering it at Valentine's web site. If it needs an update you'll have to pay at least $85 to do so.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.