8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wonder if it was a good idea to get a v-tec control? and could we even use one for our cars? i search and couldn't find anything about this, sorrie if its a repost.

thanks

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
hmm reflash is better man.

·
Registered
7,339 Posts
i was wonder if it was a good idea to get a v-tec control? and could we even use one for our cars? i search and couldn't find anything about this, sorrie if its a repost.

thanks

Long time ago, us tuners believe that vtec cross over engagement should not change from that of the oem setting, unless if you had an after market cam.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
you can control vtec crossover with aem fic but not worth it at this moment I would probably get hondata that whats I'm doing

·
Registered
255 Posts
the 4500rpm vtec is not the same vtec as the one at 6800rpm. VTEC is variable valve timing and lift, which basically gives you more lift at 6800rpm. With the Hondata reflash, that effect is still there. What you get between 4500rpm and 6800rpm is the ivtec, which is just an adjustment to the phase of the intake cam shaft to optimize cylinder pressure at WOT. I remember reading on the Hondata forum that they simply used the Ivtec control to add 25 degrees of cam angle advancement at 4500rpm and adjusted timing to get more power. They also said they changed the vtec point but personal experience with the mod says that the same ol vtec kicks in at 6800rpm cuz u can really feel it and teh 4500rpm cam advancement adds a little power that normally would dip. Course the results are great and they know how to reprogram the stock ECU so props to them. I have the reflash still and have no complaints.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.