8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I dont know if this was the right section to post this, but I sold my civic about a year ago and I'm looking to buy another one bc I really miss it. I'm finding a ton of used ones in great shape, but have 150,000+ miles on them. What do you think would be a good price to pay for this mile range? One has 164,000 miles for 4800 obo. Is this a good deal? Any input would be helpful, thanks!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I got my fg2 with 160k on it and haven’t really had to do much. I’ve just done a normal tune up oil change, cabin filter, intake filter, brake rotors and spark plugs. Just make sure you have some good negotiating skills to have money left over for maintenance.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just bought an 06 2dr Si with 274k, yes 274,000 miles on it for $2,500. Bought it from the original owner who drove it mostly on the turnpike so it’s all highway miles. Interior is kinda rough from use but the oustside looks good. I had to do a bunch of small things to it though like maintenance everything and brakes/rotors, belt, plugs, front and rear shocks/struts, tires, drivers seat replaced (broken frame), changed all fluids. He said the only thing major he had to replace was the clutch at 240k and the a/c compressor. This thing runs perfect, but he was in his mid 40’s and I think he took pretty good care until the last year he had it. I think he lost interest in it and quit caring after he bought a truck. So I’d say I got a pretty good deal!

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's a pretty sweet deal. I found an 09 4dr with 80,000 for $7300 obo. It is mechanically sound, only issue being the infamous paint fade.

·
Registered
43 Posts
You guys have gotten some good deals. I got my '08 black Si sedan with 167K for 4.5K back in February. Mechanically solid with a good interior, but the front end paint has crows feet and tons of rock chips. Other than that and a worn AC compressor, it's great. These cars are very well built. Aside from oil, tires, and brakes, the previous owner did an OE replacement clutch job and that's it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Is it worth getting an Si at that high of a mileage? I've been seeing some out here in SoCal 170-200k+ going for under 5000. Wanna get one but scared of the mileage

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
That's a pretty sweet deal. I found an 09 4dr with 80,000 for $7300 obo. It is mechanically sound, only issue being the infamous paint fade.
yeah the previous owner had mine repainted under warranty but they only did the fenders, hood, roof and trunk lid. Guess what, the doors are fading now haha

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thought I’d chime in with my recent sale. Had an ‘08 purchased new with just over 100K. Inside was near perfect and exterior had some hail damage but otherwise really good. All oil changes at the dealership and I had just replaced the spark plugs, starter and brakes. Sold for $5,700. Had been asking $6,000

·
Registered
11 Posts
Bought an 06 civic si coupe with about 160k miles for 5k. Only mechanical issue so far was the alternator giving up on me. Other then that it runs great. Have the SI in FBO and dyno tuned pushing 210whp.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I found an 06 si with 144,000 miles for 4k obo. The description says everything runs and drives perfect and the pics look clean inside and out. This sounds like a good deal to me.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I found an 06 si with 144,000 miles for 4k obo. The description says everything runs and drives perfect and the pics look clean inside and out. This sounds like a good deal to me.
Yeah that is a great price if everything checks out. I would try to get him below 4K since it's OBO.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Selling a salvage Si 4dr 09 fully modded 80k k20z3 engine s2 bc cams, springs, fp, slotted drilled rotors, s2 cai, s2 alpha headers,3in exhaust, new struts, new duralast battery w warranty, you know the works. Asking 6,500 fully modded low miles

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought 2009 Fa5 with 118k miles, newly installed clutch, flywheel, 4 brand new tires etc. on 12/26/18 for 7k flat. Car was well kept, very hard to get one with low miles in California. I was running into scammers left and right on CL and things weren't adding up. I checked out about 5 Fa5's on CL each owner was lying about something. Then found this car and it just felt right, had to get it. Guy was asking 8,300.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I found an 06 si with 135,000 miles for $3800 obo. The only issue is the front brake caliper needs replaced.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts