8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

A few months back I purchased a new 2010 Honda Civic Coupe LX. I opted not to go with the EX model thinking some of the extra features weren't needed.

But now I wish I had the USB Audio Interface feature found in the EX I believe. I want to be able to plug in flash drives full of MP3s to play. Does anyone know if this can be installed on an LX model and where I should go to get this done?

Much appreciated :wavey:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I just found that DIY section just after posting.

It looks like quite a bit of work opening up and changing the wiring. I live in So Cal around the LA area. Are there shops that install this? I'm sure I don't want to ask a Honda dealership as they probably have policies on modifications and besides would charge a fortune anyway.

I'd like to take it somewhere to have it installed if anyone can help.

Thanks! :dance:

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
^^ correct on the cost a fortune part, not on the mod policy thing, theyre installing it and its an OEM part, so of couse theyll do it and happy to take your money

·
Registered
65 Posts
^^ correct on the cost a fortune part, not on the mod policy thing, theyre installing it and its an OEM part, so of couse theyll do it and happy to take your money
i agree with him.....u just hav to pay for the accessory and parts then installation payment

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^ Thanks for the info guys.

Do you guys know if local auto mod places will do it? Only problem is I'd have to call every place and ask and don't want a bad job done.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I called Honda and they don't do the mod. Stupid salesman said I'd have to buy an EX or SI model to have this feature.

Anyone know of any place that does it or am I just out of luck?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts