8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honda has released official MSRP pricing information for the 2006 Honda Civic Si to all dealers. True to their word, it is priced "below $20,000" as Honda promised during the launch.

FG2156JW
2D 2.0 Si - 6-Speed Manual Transmission
$19,990.00

FG2156JXW
2D 2.0 Si - 6-Speed Manual Transmission w/Summer Tires
$20,190.00

FG2156KW
2D 2.0 Si - 6-Speed Manual Transmission w/Navi
$21,740.00

FG2156KXW
2D 2.0 Si - 6-Speed Manual Transmission w/Navi & Summer Tires
$21,940.00

Destination & Handling: $550

·
Registered
332 Posts
Who's to say most dealerships won't ask for more than MSRP? I'm still a skeptic that people will pay $20k. It's too high in demand for that.

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
I am sure a number of folks 'will' end up paying an MPA (market price adjustment) from their dealer. That, however, is not MSRP, which so many were claiming would never come in under 20K.

As for many folks, a little shopping around (as in get off your duff and drive a bit) will yeild a Honda dealer that is not charging over MSRP for the Si. As I have posted here and elsewhere, there are three dealers within 100miles of me. One, has stated clearly that they will be charging a $4K to $5K premium (as they do for many of the models on their lot), one dealer is charging a $1K premium (though you get a nifty trunk mat and paint protection package...feel the sarcasm), and the last is NOT charging over MSRP and does NOT charge over MSRP on any of their Honda sales. Any guesses where I am getting my Si from?

As the sales manager there said to me, they are in business for the long haul, not short term profits, repeat customers and satisfied customers sending in referals will make for greater revenue in the long term than short term price gouging.

If you live in SoCal, however, you might have to look a little farther afield. It seems like a much larger percentage of dealers in SoCal are going for the gouge market.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I'll ber damned! They got it under 20. Glad to hear they kept their word despite how skeptical I was.

I do agree that some places will try to charge a premium on the SIs but give it a couple of months and that'll fade out.

·
Registered
114 Posts
SWEET!!!! that is way less (w/delivery) than i was planning for.. not a bad thing ever!!!

now.. when will the SI w/Navi be in, now is our next questions! hehe...

·
Registered
861 Posts
Janizary said:
As the sales manager there said to me, they are in business for the long haul, not short term profits, repeat customers and satisfied customers sending in referals will make for greater revenue in the long term than short term price gouging.
Same with my dealer. And it's worked. He's already earned repeat business from us.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts