8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I have these dirt spots all over the top of my car. I dont know how the got there but they woont come off with simple washing. I tried taking them off with my nail, but they still wont come off. The spots arent big, but they are all over the top of the car. Dont know if its tinny tree sap that fell on the car. Any and all suggestions will be welcomed.
P.S. ill try posting pics tommorow

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I use Miguiras for washing my car. But i dont think a sponge will remove them because i can barely get one spot off with my nail( and theres like hundreds of these spots on my car:xyxnervou) . I could wax, biut theyre on top of the windows as well. So i dont know how to get those off.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Those are most likely acid rain water spots etched into your clearcoat. I was able to wash alot of it off my windows but i got some on my roof and a little on my trunk that I can barely notice unless u look for it and in the right angle.

I am gonna have to polish out the ones on the roof so I already tried vinegar and it was too late.

Try out a polish like Scratch X or Meguiars DEEP CRYSTAL PAINT CLEANER it should work.

·
Registered
198 Posts
there is a honda spary product that removes that kind of stuff ill give you the name when i get home round 230ish my pops got it for his harley but he sold that so ive been using it on the car its for anything thou and works really good

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Becareful using your nail. The clearcoat scratches easily.

You should try the claybar before you try anything else.

It would be easier for people to give advice on how to deal with it if you posted a photo.

·
Registered
198 Posts
its called "Spray Cleaner and Polish" i works AMAZINGLY but you have to do small spots (about a foot big) at a time or it leaves a resadue

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
try claybar first with QD.

if that doesn't work, try some regular wax.
if that doesn't work, try some WD40 (test a spot)
if that doesn't work, try some polish, or go straight to cleaner wax.

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
i parked under a oak tree a few times and got the same little brown spots. they will eventually come off. just use a microfiber mitt and uses some elbo grease. they will eventually come off.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cool, thnx guys. Ill try your suggestions when i get a chance this weekend. I could take a pic of my car today, but ill try to soon enough. Thnx for info all

1 - 12 of 12 Posts