8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed hid conversion kit today and the check engine light is now on I think its because dude tride to put a bracket on where the maf is after he loosened it I telod him hell no he put it back on but now its to late cant rev the car over 3000 rpm it is a 06 si how can I reset the sensor ugh!

·
Registered
769 Posts
WTF? Hid by the maf? The maf is in the air cleaner box. HID kits emit EMF, it could be disturbing something electronic. Get rid of the HID and pull your battery for about an hour or go to auto zone and have them reset yer ecu. Pic?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
i moved the hid to where they are safe just diconnected the negative on the batt where he tried to mount it was he unscrewed the sensor on the airflow and put the bracket their i stopped him before he put the hid there but I think when he unscrewed it that is what put the car in limp mode

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
WTF? Hid by the maf? The maf is in the air cleaner box. HID kits emit EMF, it could be disturbing something electronic. Get rid of the HID and pull your battery for about an hour or go to auto zone and have them reset yer ecu. Pic?
Double :facepalm:

1. There's no reason to dump the HID's (unless they're incorrect power)
2. To "reset" the ECU, you need to remove the negative port from the battery and go press the brake pedal (this will remove any charge left over in the wires as well as drain the ECU) <-- this info is per Honda's ECU reset procedure and takes 30 seconds MAX!

1 hour = :coffee:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The hid is correct power but the company is now saying that I need the cancelor because the car has daytime running lights but wtf this still shouldnt put the car into limp.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
trying to reset the ecu now unplugged the negative cable waiting for a few. this car ran perfect this morning untill he touched that damn sensor

1 - 12 of 12 Posts