8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

361 - 379 of 379 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey guys! New here... Just picked up an 07 Si (2dr). Not new to Honda's, but new to K-Series and Si's. Ive known Pon55 for a while back from the ClubCivic days... I'm located up in Glens Falls...and I know there are a few 8th Gen Si's running around here. Hopefully I'll see you guys on here as well!

(Yes, I know the racing stripes are ugly as hell...other than that it's a CLEAN Si...I do plan on trying to remove them...they're just painted on so it'll be a hassle...)

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
Welcome. Nice ride, I don't think the stripes are as bad as you think and the fact they are painted on kind of speaks to the previous owners proclivity to do things properly. Although I do think the Fiji blue looks best unmolested. Any modifications done or planned? What were you running previously? I think you will really love the K20 depending on what you are used to. If you want my 2 cents and have mods planned get Flashpro and a good tuner then work from there. If you ever need some help don't hesitate to hit me up. I have been messing with 8th gens for a while. I'm down in CP but I know some Honda guys in GF.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks man. As of now, I don't have a whole lot planned. I want to do some research and see what and how these K20's respond to and what they don't respond to, mod wise. I'm used to the D and B Series motors that I've built many of...

Car is 100% stock. My initial plans for mods were just simple things like an intake, header, etc. I don't plan to go TOO crazy with it, as it is my only car... My main concentration point will be suspension, as I don't need a real fast car...this thing is more than quick enough for me right out of the box. I have a buddy who Auto-X's his RSX Type-S out in Rochester, and now I have a reason to go out and join him...

My previous cars where an EK sedan, '94 del Sol, and an '00 CR-V 5spd most recently. This is my newest car I've ever owned...let alone the cleanest/nicest. lol

·
Registered
116 Posts
Has anyone around here running a header and FP been called out during NYS inspection for not having a cat? I just got my car inspected and I'm lucky because I work in the business. But I figured this thread could use a revival and I was just wondering if anyone has ever been given a hard time for not having a cat even while running Flashpro.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'd like to know as well... Just for future reference. I'm going to be buying FlashPro here within the month...so....

Oh..and I got those stripes off...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23,477 Posts
Has anyone around here running a header and FP been called out during NYS inspection for not having a cat? I just got my car inspected and I'm lucky because I work in the business. But I figured this thread could use a revival and I was just wondering if anyone has ever been given a hard time for not having a cat even while running Flashpro.
A catalyst is required for NYSI. No CEL and monitors must indicate "Ready" (certain number allowable; MY2001+ allowed one monitor "Not Ready") for emissions when they scan the ECU. I believe that has been around since all vehicles MY1996 and newer utilizing OBDII diagnostics.

I ran FlashPro for a few years, never given me a problem, however, I always had a catalyst, no CEL and all monitors indicating "Ready" status.

If you live in NYC or any of the NYC Boroughs, I believe they also add in an exhaust sniffer to ensure emissions out of the exhaust are within EPA specifications. The exhaust sniffer is not used in any other part of NYS.

Vehicles are exempt from the emissions inspection if they are more than 25 model years old (model year is less than or equal to calendar year minus 25).

If you know people, sure, you may be able to get away with it not having a catalyst. ;)

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
:eek:hsnap:

What's going on in here? OG re visiting the NE thread. Well, actually searching for some lightly used superchargers in the FS section, but, it's dead in there!

Xtreme ... what's the good word? Any OG's still here besides us?!

edit: poked around a few pages back and saw Pete, Kyle, Ethan and Shawn posted. :vtec: :cheerleader:

·
Premium Member
19,670 Posts
I chime in every now and then, but live in southwest VA and rock this now

should take a road trip up for a reunion meet

·
Premium Member
19,670 Posts
and a j30a5 supercharger doesnt sound so bad, passed on a full CT setup about 6 months ago for a ridiculous price because the blower needed a rebuild, still would have come out ahead on it though

·
Registered
23,477 Posts
:eek:hsnap:

What's going on in here? OG re visiting the NE thread. Well, actually searching for some lightly used superchargers in the FS section, but, it's dead in there!

Xtreme ... what's the good word? Any OG's still here besides us?!

edit: poked around a few pages back and saw Pete, Kyle, Ethan and Shawn posted. :vtec: :cheerleader:
:eek:hsnap::eek:hsnap:

Haha, all is good on this side of Town! :giggle:

I poke on every now and then, rarely post.

Searching for a restoration shop for the Landau, but won't find any of that sort on this here Honda site...! :iough:

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
:woowoo:

Wooo weee ... 5 posts!

Quiet over here on this side of town too . Yea, I wouldn't find much for the Regal on the 8th civic site. But, might find something for Sonic, hehe. Seems like I'm always late to grab a deal off here. Don't need anything crazy, maybe, 5-8lbs of boosters. There's a few JR Supers for sale but they include all these crazy afterburner-coolers, spacers, fuel sprayers and pulleys galore.

I just wanna finish what was planned 8 years ago ... get a nice tune, hear the whine ... and then :bricks: ... and Sonic will be DONE and on to the next project ...
Sooo ... CT Engineering or JR :iough:

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
Hey guys! New here... Just picked up an 07 Si (2dr). Not new to Honda's, but new to K-Series and Si's. Ive known Pon55 for a while back from the ClubCivic days... I'm located up in Glens Falls...and I know there are a few 8th Gen Si's running around here. Hopefully I'll see you guys on here as well!

(Yes, I know the racing stripes are ugly as hell...other than that it's a CLEAN Si...I do plan on trying to remove them...they're just painted on so it'll be a hassle...)
Dam you moven on up.
I'd like to know as well... Just for future reference. I'm going to be buying FlashPro here within the month...so....

Oh..and I got those stripes off...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks good.
people?!:dancing:
Took the word right outa my mouth.

361 - 379 of 379 Posts