8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

321 - 340 of 379 Posts

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Hello everyone! My name is Jason and I just got out of the Army. My wife is from the Albany area so here I am. Just got here last weekend. Need to ask a few questions... I'm from GA so I was able to get around emissions but here it looks like they are pretty strict. Can anyone recommend a place to have a high flow cat installed on my straight pipe? Also, is it illegal to use one of the passwordJDM front license plate relocate or does it have to be centered on the front? Thanks! By the way my civic is my daily driver so I hope this weather warms up soon!

·
Registered
7,687 Posts
Hello everyone! My name is Jason and I just got out of the Army. My wife is from the Albany area so here I am. Just got here last weekend. Need to ask a few questions... I'm from GA so I was able to get around emissions but here it looks like they are pretty strict. Can anyone recommend a place to have a high flow cat installed on my straight pipe? Also, is it illegal to use one of the passwordJDM front license plate relocate or does it have to be centered on the front? Thanks! By the way my civic is my daily driver so I hope this weather warms up soon!
I think (and somebody else can chime in) that as long as you are not getting any CEL's, you should pass the NYS inspection without a problem. I see in your profile, that you have flashpro, so you should be good to go. Then just take it to Jiffy Lube or some other place that doesn't know/care and you should be golden.

I don't think the plate thing is an issue.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Yeah I have intake, header, and straight test pipe to mugen exhaust with the flashpro. My in laws were just saying I might need to get one. I don't know if they stick something in the exhaust or not. I haven't even seen how much it costs to get inspected yet so it may be worth a shot. Definitely not throwing a cel with the flashpro but I have a cel eliminator as well too. Hope to see some of you guys around once my family and I get settled in. I was in a large civic club back at fort Bragg.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Upstate NY there is no sniffer stuck in the exhaust so as long as you have flash pro or a CEL eliminator in the header you'll be fine. The front plate must be visible on the front of the car some where no certain location and that's for the cops only not for a inspection. I am a certified NY state inspector so any other question I'd be glad to help.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hey guys just wanted to let everyone in the east know about a meet called Street Scene in Syracuse NY. Had about 250 cars there last year. Looking to double it this year. Check out our Facebook page for details. Street Scene 2014.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Going to get my inspection this week or weekend and someone was saying I won't pass the visual inspection. I guess they jack the car up and take off the wheels to check brake pads and they will see if there's a cat or not. Anyone know if this is true or not? If so, can anyone recommend a place to go that won't care?

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Feeling good after getting her washed up. I've got no access to a hose so this is the cleanest she's been in forever. Been months since my last login too. Know I've seen some of you guys around the streets of Albany. I always wave and rarely get anything back haha.
:wigglesmiley:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yea I don't get many waves but most people in my area are into the lifted diesels so it's always fun running against them. Got a wave from a GTR today that was cool. Red si guy what day r u going?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Any Good meets/cruises coming up? I traded my ep3 for a 2011 dbp fa5 last year. I have been out of the car scene for a while but now that schools winding down i'd love to start modding and racing again.

321 - 340 of 379 Posts