8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy to all!

First post here and I am probably putting this in the wrong section so I apologize now.

Just bought at 2007 Civic EX and have noticed that the tires have the uneven wear that is caused by camber issues.

Does anyone know where to get the C stamp upper control arms for the back?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Welcome. You can prob pick up a set pretty cheap used on the forum. Many members have switched to adjustable arms and have the stocks just laying around like myself. PM me if you're interested.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After much reading, it seems like most people say get the adjustable arms as the ones stamped c still have the wearing problem. Man this stuff can be confusing.

·
Registered
892 Posts
After much reading, it seems like most people say get the adjustable arms as the ones stamped c still have the wearing problem. Man this stuff can be confusing.
Adjustable arms are the way to go. They are more expensive than OEM ones, but you get the peace of mind of your tires not wearing unevenly. Plus you can pick up a set of used adjustable ones for a good price. I went through about 2-3 "C" stamped arms before I just switched over to adjustable arms. Haven't had an issue since!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Howdy to all!

First post here and I am probably putting this in the wrong section so I apologize now.

Just bought at 2007 Civic EX and have noticed that the tires have the uneven wear that is caused by camber issues.

Does anyone know where to get the C stamp upper control arms for the back?
You can order from any dealership - part 04523-SNA-A01. Or if you don't mind used, as 88st165 mentioned there's plenty of people here who've switched to aftermarket arms who'd be happy to sell to you.

I'd suggest getting an alignment inspection before spending any money on parts, if you can. There are a number of places that will do a free alignment check; you can try Goodyear Auto Service, Sears Auto Centre, or even some Honda Dealerships - call around to see.

Goodyear Auto
Sears auto centers steering new path with free alignment checks
Auto Service Specials San Ramon | Dublin Honda
Free Alignment Check! | Capitol Honda Serving San Jose, Santa Clara & San Francisco

If your current rear camber is between about -2.2 and -3.0 degrees, the C stamped arms will help (assuming your car doesn't have them already). If you have less rear camber than that, you're already in spec for what the C arms are supposed to correct you to, and your tire wear may have some other backstory (e.g. wheels taken off the car before having had the C arms installed, and then swapped back just before selling). If you have more camber, then you'll need to go with aftermarket arms.

Note that the 'C' stamp comes in at least two forms. On some arms, it's in white paint (rubber stamp) about an inch tall, that's stamped onto the black. On other arms, it's actually stamped into the metal before the arm is painted black, about 1/4" tall, and you can miss it if you're looking for the large white marking instead. Check first that you don't already have them installed.

Whether the C arms still have the problem depends on how bad your camber was without them. Keep in mind that there are people who lower their cars - this adds to the problem, and their experience isn't necessarily relevant for you if you're not lowered.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome. You can prob pick up a set pretty cheap used on the forum. Many members have switched to adjustable arms and have the stocks just laying around like myself. PM me if you're interested.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Glad I finally joined the forum. I've had same tire problem for all the 145k miles so far. I can find adjustable arms online but I'm little confused by your mention of stocks also. Care to enlighten me?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Glad I finally joined the forum. I've had same tire problem for all the 145k miles so far. I can find adjustable arms online but I'm little confused by your mention of stocks also. Care to enlighten me?
He means that people who switched to upgradeable arms often still have their stock arms that they took out sitting around collecting dust, and if all you need is the revised stock arm, any of these people are likely to let you have them for cheap.

I have a driver's side C-stamped arm which I used for about two years before replacing it with an adjustable arm - even with the C arm, my chassis still had too much negative camber for that wheel. That arm is as good as the day it was installed (the camber didn't change from when it was installed to when I had my alignment re-checked just before switching to the adjustable arm) - and is just sitting in a box. If your camber isn't too far out on that corner (-2.2 to -3.0 on the pre-TSB arm) it would work for you, and could be yours for just the cost of shipping.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts