8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i have the progress rear swaybar on my car right now, and i read somewhere that the stock enlinks are to weak for the swaybar and they might break, is this true? if so where can i buy some stronger endlinks for my Lx?

thanks for your help in advance.:wavey:

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
i just installed the progress rear sway on my 07 Si today and the endlinks were a ***** to get off. Make sure you have needle nose pliers to hold the side opposite the bolt. Then an impact wrench to get the bolt off nice and quick otherwise ull be turning a manual wrench for a good long while. Its not the stock endlinks that are teh problem. I dont recall what the actual problem is but theres a really in depth thread somewhere on this site. How much were the corsports btw?

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i just installed the progress rear sway on my 07 Si today and the endlinks were a ***** to get off. Make sure you have needle nose pliers to hold the side opposite the bolt. Then an impact wrench to get the bolt off nice and quick otherwise ull be turning a manual wrench for a good long while. Its not the stock endlinks that are teh problem. I dont recall what the actual problem is but theres a really in depth thread somewhere on this site. How much were the corsports btw?
Thanks for the information, the endlinks where 55 including the shipping:thumb:

Can you please look for the thread that is really in depth on installing the endlinks? i will look for it also, but just in case i can't find it post it here.

·
Premium Member
30,957 Posts
i know when i did mine just after purchased car that they were hard to get off but thats cause i didnt know there was a trick to them.the trick is to use a allen wrench and a plain old wrench heres a pic to discribe

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
i know when i did mine just after purchased car that they were hard to get off but thats cause i didnt know there was a trick to them.the trick is to use a allen wrench and a plain old wrench heres a pic to discribe

i used a pair of pliers to squeeze the **** out of the side opposite the bolt then impacted the bolt to get it off nice and quick.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts