8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys and gals, bought the Civic Sedan EX on 9/16/05. J model. Have got about 51K on it. So far so good, in general. Mileage averages around 33 combined city(25%) and interstate (75%). Have got as high as 39 to 41 mpg on long trips. Once I replaced those lousy OEM tires with Yokohamas, it handled much sweeter. Couple of things. Those big ass windshields are some kind of weak. Just replaced it the second time and trust me it was far from being a hard lick either time. The rubber molding on the inside of the driver's door is thin and cheap, I do mean thin as paper and has tore. From what, I haven't a clue. I don't rub it getting in so don't know. But overall, it has done well. Still satisfied with comfort and handling. Now I don't baby it. I average between 75 and 80 on the interstate. Had it up to 110 mph, one evening when road was clear and still had pedal. I would say Honda did a decent job on the 8th Gen. Has only been in the shop for oil changes and 30K service. So there ya go, I told you I would report back. It will be 2 years in a few weeks. and you know what is amazing? I didn't waste money on that ridiculous Nav. System, because my daddy taught me to read a map, and believe it or not, I haven't go lost yet!! :dancing:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts