8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just found this... kingmotorsports.com

UPDATE: Mugen Air Box for 2006+ Civic Si
We have completed initial test fitting of the Mugen airbox on the 06+ Civic Si. We have found while the airbox physically fits the USDM Si perfectly, the ID of the USDM intake hoses are slightly too small to fit the Mugen airbox. We are working with Samco to produce a correctly sized intake tube that will also have a provision for the USDM mass air flow sensor. More updates to follow.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts

We have completed initial test fitting of the Mugen airbox on the 06+ Civic Si. We have found while the airbox physically fits the USDM Si perfectly, the ID of the USDM intake hoses are slightly too small to fit the Mugen airbox. We are working with Samco to produce a correctly sized intake tube that will also have a provision for the USDM mass air flow sensor. More updates to follow.
While this is great news, the Mugen airbox will take a real bite out of your wallet. It is great however to have another intake option to select from. Thanks for the update!

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
big bite is right... im looking to get a box type intake to keeps things a little more subtle. i have the buddy blub race header and exhaust.. love it but if i get a tube style intake its going to really get loud... too loud for my taste. if comptech would get going they would make at least one sale with me!

·
Registered
12 Posts
As far as I know the coupe and sedan have the same engine bay area, so theorically it would fit. The problem would probably be the shape of the intake tube. It is shaped to fit behind the left foglight of the sedan front end to suck the air in.

Thing is, if you have fog lights on your car, would this still fit? Would there be any gains? If yes, then I don't see why the coupes would not benefit from it.

And please don't turn this into another " It's cool but It's so expensive" thread.

Nice pics in one of Sickyute treads:

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/bolt-ons-all-motor/38251-mugen-intake-exhaust-sedan.html

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well im excited to hear what kingmotorsports comes up with.. there rsx project car is super quick and they use the mugen intake.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am glad to hear that the main problem right now concern the intake hoses. Its a simple fix, but will probably cause another long delay.

I'll be keeping an eye on this intake as well.

·
Registered
8,756 Posts
Type R does have a MAF. Plus King said they'd make a "provision" for the USDM MAF (which is where X MAF would enter the picture, heheh).

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The intake WILL work once they make the provision like they said.. the only thing that needs work is the throttle body to box tube with a mounting point for the MAFS.. its not rocket science

·
Registered
1,671 Posts

repost......

·
Registered
334 Posts
I wanted to resurrect this thread, because I was thinking that this intake may be very possible now that Hondata has saved us from the confines of the MAF sensor tubing. What would be needed to make this work? It bolts up just fine, KMS said that the problem was with the intake hose from TB to inlet of chamber. Most likely they couldn't get the correct AF ratio when they were trying to develop a new pipe. But now as long as you get a pipe that fits and you have a mounting flange for your MAF, you can just tune off your MAP and not worry about veins or tube diameter. Is the CRV tube, like the one off the X-intake, larger in inside diameter? Could it possably work? In for a discussion.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I have asked KingMotorSports.com about the Mugen intake but they stated that KMS can't sell this intake. KMS didn't give me the reason. I guess we can't buy it in the USA unless the Mugen intake is shipped directly from Japan.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I have asked KingMotorSports.com about the Mugen intake but they stated that KMS can't sell this intake. KMS didn't give me the reason. I guess we can't buy it in the USA unless the Mugen intake is shipped directly from Japan.
I was under the impression that they got all there Mugen parts are from Japan already. Hence there statement that they are the sole distributer of mugen in the US. :usa:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts