8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently selling my 08 Mugen Si Supercharged. I want something brand new. I am looking at the 2011 BMW 135i twin turbo and the 2010 Ford Sport Trac Adrenalin. I hope to get 24,800 for my car now (not much above KBB) and put that towards the new car down payment. I want to know your thoughts on this? Also I was thinking about buying a car around 25k as well but really dont like anything out there right now. I hate car payments, although the Mugen is paid off. For sh!ts and giggles I checked out a 10 FA5 w/ nav the dealer wants 23500 for it. I just need a daily driven car to keep stock. The only downside to the si is that I am 26 and want something a little more professional for my line of work (outside sales) and I know I will mod it. Plus I am not 100% sold on the new front grills and the chrome piece above the bumper. Your thoughts???

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
2011 mustang = 100 more hp + similar mpg + rwd + u probably won't need to pay anything after selling your mugen.

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Get the 335is if you can swing it.

Or...if you don't mind paying the premium, an S4, it's about $5000 or so more than a comparably equipped 335i.

To save tons of cash, check out the 2011 5.0 Mustang GT, M3 performance for a fraction of the price.

However, as the saying goes, you get what you pay for. Not saying the Mustang is unreliable or cheap, but look at it this way...if anyone tries saying it makes no sense to get a BMW when you can get a Mustang...it's like me saying there's no point in drinking a delicious wine when you can just get a Colt 45.

Both get the job done, but each are used for their own purposes...same with these two vehicles.

Test drive them both is the best advice I could give, then take a day or two to think it over.

EDIT, nevermind, I see you said 135i, same applies cept scratch the S4 off the consideration list.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like the mustang but they are a dime a dozen so I am not interested in that. Really the only cars I am interesed in are the 2011 135i, 2010 Adrenalin Sport Trac, and the Civic Si 2010

·
Registered
520 Posts
That Sport Trac Adrenalin is pretty cool, never seen one before. But I still like the BMW 135i, they are soooo sexy....:drooling:

·
Registered
222 Posts
bmw 135, especially if you feel you should present yourself more professional. The adrenalin is nice, i personally just don't like fords interiors right now.

·
Registered
291 Posts
My dad has a 335i and my uncle has a sport trac. I love both vehicles but it's hard to compare them seeing as how they are pretty much complete opposites. If I wanted a car 335i would be at the top of my list, if I wanted a truck then the sport trac would be at the top of my list.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
I've never understood what people see in the Sport Trac Adrenalin. It's going to have horrible clearance, large wheels and AWD so it's going to suck off-road and suck at towing. Towing and off-roading is why you buy a truck.

If you want a truck, I think you'd be much happier in buying an actual truck. You can get a pretty nice Tacoma for $30K.

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
I've never understood what people see in the Sport Trac Adrenalin. It's going to have horrible clearance, large wheels and AWD so it's going to suck off-road and suck at towing. Towing and off-roading is why you buy a truck.

If you want a truck, I think you'd be much happier in buying an actual truck. You can get a pretty nice Tacoma for $30K.
This.

To the OP, I'd personally get the 335i if the budget allows it. The 135i is a very capable car...I just don't like the looks. Take that for what it's worth though as styling is subjective.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i can get the adrenalin pretty much fully loaded for about 34800. The 135i for about 36-38k. With the adrenalin I wouldnt haul much just use the space to haul people. I want this b/c i wont want to mod it. With the 135i i already have plans to drop it and add wheels/tires. Next would be the exhaust and DP's. They make a p&p piggyback called the JB3 that puts that car around 450hp

·
All Liver GSP's!
3,619 Posts
I'd buy a CPO S4 or a 335. Possibly the mustang GT. I also agree with Chad....Tacoma or the new 4runner is tits.

I also might throw a Legacy GT into the mix.

·
Registered
906 Posts
I like the mustang but they are a dime a dozen so I am not interested in that. Really the only cars I am interesed in are the 2011 135i, 2010 Adrenalin Sport Trac, and the Civic Si 2010
Mustangs are a dime a dozen, yet you want a civic or the 1 series BMW? LOL WUT

·
Registered
8,756 Posts
How aren't BMWs a dime a dozen? And actually Mustang GTs are rare, 90% of the time it seems like they're V6s. A stang has much more bang for the buck too.

I don't understand why you'd want to spend money on a new car again. If you paid it off I'd just sit on it for awhile. A 2010 FA5 isn't much of an upgrade either.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts