8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well the time may have come for myself and the civic to part ways. My employer has been hinting at me for a while now to replace the civic with a more 'mature' vehicle, and seeing as they pay for my personal vehicle they do have a right to make such hints. To be honest, it would also be nice to get into an automatic with all the driving I do for work, plus the wife cannot drive a stick.

If the Civic sells I am moving on up to a 2009 G8 GT. Those of you that know me well, know that I am a diehard american muscle fan, and the G8 GT (albeit Australian LOL) would be a beaut. 361hp, 385lb/ft torque corvette engine, uber-widebody aggressive yet mature (I liken it to BMW M-series for poor people), super responsive to mods (mid 12's with i/e + tune), 6-spd automatic, and the list goes on...

Details:

VIN 2hgfg21559h1000228
2009 Ralleye Red FG2
63,900km
5yr/100,000km bumper to bumper extended warranty with Honda Canada
Never had a single thing warranted on this car
Mint / perfect / superfantastic, inside, outside and mechanical
Original owner
If you don't know my story, I am an outside sales rep and basically drive for a living. Virtually ALL the km's on the car are highway, it's never been tracked or abused, only synthetic lubricant used since new. Just a great daily driver.
12-hour professional detail done spring 2010, no swirls or scratches

Only a couple mild modifications - HFP Aero kit, Eibach Prokit springs, 18" wheels with max performance summers, AEM CAI, Vibrant catback exhaust. OEM intake, springs and exhaust included with sale.

Asking $20,500.00
GM Dealer offered me $17,xxx as a trade, and I get tax with it for a total of $20,000 even. So I am asking $500 over trade. No one bites, it gets traded in. Also offering $50 finders fee if you refer a buyer to me.

Also listed on Autotrader and CRSX.

You probably already know the car, but here you go:

And from my latest shoot:

And some others:

Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
wtf you just bought rims for the car...and you were looking at brembos too. you douche bag...don't be bringing that american crap around our meets!

jk:biggrin: gl with sale!

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wtf you just bought rims for the car...and you were looking at brembos too. you douche bag...don't be bringing that american crap around our meets!
Ya I know. Everytime I've thought about selling, I force myself to buy something or think about buying something for the car to make it feel 'new' again LOL. Not this time though.

Last week I brought a potential client to an existing client's facility for a first hand walkthrough. Said client is the CFO of a very very large private company that you would all know, and they are potentially going to be moving forward on a proposed project that I am managing which will land somewhere in the $550-$600k area... Taking him across the city in my lowered, loud, small, 8k redline honda civic with tuner wheels just ain't cutting it haha.

·
Registered
236 Posts
that's a lot kilometers for 09 car.
btw, didn't you have a flat black vibrant exhaust Chris?

ps, i'm the one who bought your oem exhaust lol

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
that's a lot kilometers for 09 car.
btw, didn't you have a flat black vibrant exhaust Chris?

ps, i'm the one who bought your oem exhaust lol
Yep thats me. And yes, because I am a sales rep, I drive alot. But it's also the cheapest '09 in Ontario (when you consider it's a private sale so no PST / dealer fees) :thumb:

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes, to Nish's delight I have come to my senses and realized that a car doesn't depreciate in value until you sell it haha. My employer is just going to have to deal with it!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.