8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
Uff da. Lightweight wheels at almost 25 pounds? Can you say "unsprung weight"?

·
Registered
435 Posts
Well, its a good deal for people who aren't obsessed with doing everything they can to make their car faster. I'm not gonna go buy the wheels because they're way too big, but I wouldn't fault someone else for buying them just because they're heavy.

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
Heavy ass wheels have several negative effects. The fact that your car will handle crappier and get worse gas mileage is incentive enough for me to buy aftermarket wheels that are at least lighter than the stocks. And lets be honest, it's kinda hard to find wheels that are heavier than the stockers the civic comes with.

·
Registered
8,756 Posts
Dude, no way you can fit 19x9.5 without fender flaring and wheel spacers. It'll hit the suspension w/ 55 offset. Not worth the hassle. For the size and width they're very light, but for the Si it's obviously not, considering 9" is probably the very limit you can get.

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh i figured they wouldnt fit nicely on the car....but buy em and sell them or something, the price is just too damn cheap to pass up!

·
Registered
9 Posts
How is 24.9 lbs on a 19x9 wheel heavy?? BTW - they're genuine forged 3-pc wheels, and they're classic wheels like OZ Mito-Modulars, for those who recall. Youll notice the 112 bolt pattern, which it was drives the price..

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
How is 24.9 lbs on a 19x9 wheel heavy?? BTW - they're genuine forged 3-pc wheels, and they're classic wheels like OZ Mito-Modulars, for those who recall. Youll notice the 112 bolt pattern, which it was drives the price..
I just think 25lb wheels in general are heavy... whether they're 15 inch wheels for 25 inch wheels.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
I'm pretty sure they are 5x114, as that's what it says on the page.

:thumb:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts