8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've read a few stickies on the NST pulley set but havent heard any testimonials on the Unorthodox set. Both are priced pretty similarly, but I wanted to know if anyone new any valuable info before I dished out the money, and did the labor. thanks :thumb:

·
Premium Member
98,627 Posts
You get more from nst for about the same price. Plus they have great customer service and quick shipping. I got my nst pulleys 3 days after I order.

·
Premium Member
2,754 Posts
There have been a number of positive reviews on this forum about the UR pulleys. It is a 2 pc kit that comes with the crank and alternator pulley. You could expect about 7 HP or so. The NST set seems to get good reviews too. However, they were taking a long time to deliver from the posts I saw.

UR has been in the business for over a decade and everthing is CNC machined and 0 gram balanced which is very important.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I've had my NST pulleys for almost two years now. No problems of any kind. I have also read most of the pulley related threads around here, I have never seen anyone blow a motor with NST pulleys.

NST offers 3 pulleys, keeps your electrical system working just like the stock setup, and you can keep your stock belt if you are using the K20 kit. UR offers 2 pulleys for about the same price.

NST FTW!

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
I recently installed the UR kit on our own 06 SI - installation was smooth and improvement in response and acceleration were noticeable. You can re-use the stock belt but you should replace the OEM belt if you're over 40K miles.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I installed the NST pulleys on my car several months ago and have been extremely happy with them. I can feel a big difference when the car is not in vtec, rev hang is drastically reduced, and for me my favorite thing is that when the AC is on I don't feel like I'm dragging an anchor behind me when I'm getting on the freeway. However I did have to wait about 4 months for them to arrive because when I ordered them they halted shipment until they released the idler pulley, which I got for FREE :dancing:

I would highly recommend these to anyone looking for a great NA mod

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've got an LX coupe and I'm having my NST pulleys installed at the moment at a shop. I had the K060760 belt because the closest thing I could find with a 7 tooth was a K070763. Well, the geniuses at the shop decided to order one of those without telling me and as I was driving away from the shop today, the damn thing started squealing. Now they are putting on the K060760 and hopefully that will fix it. No one else has reported this issue before, and since there was nothing wrong with my automatic tensioner, I'm thinking that they should have just used the belt that I provided in the first place to save all the hassle. :Mad:

Edit: and so the guy just called me back and it's as quiet as a mouse now... sweet! Time to go see for myself what everyone's been talking about!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts