8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I'm curious to know if there is a way to get both doors in the si coupe to unlock when I remove the key from the ignition. Right now, only the driver's door unlocks. I can't find my manual but i think it may be in there.

Can anyone help?

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Yes there is a way and it is in the complete owners manual and that small little one they give you also.

There is a sequence you have to do while holding the lock/unlock button for something like 10 seconds and the car has to be in Auxiliary mode (key turned to second position)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks, i figured it out; you have to open the door, make sure the parking brake is applied, put key in position III, then hold down the bottom of the lock/unlock button until you hear three clicks (roughly10 seconds) then move key to position II, (wait 2 secs) then move key to position I and out.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
wait, hold down lock and unlock buttons? we have 2 diff buttons on our key for lock and unlock...

·
Registered
968 Posts
nickester said:
thanks, i figured it out; you have to open the door, make sure the parking brake is applied, put key in position III, then hold down the bottom of the lock/unlock button until you hear three clicks (roughly10 seconds) then move key to position II, (wait 2 secs) then move key to position I and out.
can someone confirm this?

·
Registered
892 Posts
I didn't have to open the door. Turn the key to the "ON" position, hold the unlock button for 10 seconds. After 5 seconds you will hear one click, wait for 5 more for the second click. Within 5 seconds of the second click, turn the car off and remove the key.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Damn you 2006!

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
I can't find it in the ******* manual. Someone just tell me how to do it, I have a 07 Civic Si sedan

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
leonphelpss11 said:
I can't find it in the ******* manual. Someone just tell me how to do it, I have a 07 Civic Si sedan
close doors, apply parking brake, turn key to ON position (when all the sensor lights in dash turn on), hold unlock button on driver door until you hear 2 clicks...should sound like the lock is cycling. roughly 5 sec in between each click. Then turn key to (I) or the radio only position, then off...then just test to make sure it works.

**Side Note** Works with the auto up and auto down feature on the driver window..same process...except it turns the auto down on and off..that's all

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Does this work if you have an '06, too?

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Nope. :[

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
HondaFREAK said:
close doors, apply parking brake, turn key to ON position (when all the sensor lights in dash turn on), hold unlock button on driver door until you hear 2 clicks...should sound like the lock is cycling. roughly 5 sec in between each click. Then turn key to (I) or the radio only position, then off...then just test to make sure it works.

**Side Note** Works with the auto up and auto down feature on the driver window..same process...except it turns the auto down on and off..that's all
Turn it to the On position but don't actually turn the car on right?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts