8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 521 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here ya go my latest mod I have been working on a wind splitter for the last couple of weeks. This is not a replica of arc magic i have never owned one or have seen one up close this is my own design to work with my hfp kit .Iam also fabricating a splitter for my buddies non hfp bumper . These are made out of a very durable type of polycarbonate will not fade or warp with high heat or cold . Alot of time has been put into this project from precise measurement down to all non corrosive hardware ,heat forming and shearing .

let me know what you think

Thanks
Lee

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
I love it. Very creative. I have wanted to do a front splitter for my FA5, but haven't been able to find one. How did you get the end winglet shaped? Is it one piece with the rest of the lexan or is did you use an adhesive to connect it?

·
Registered
8,756 Posts
Nice fabricating job, it's such a good idea. Wish I had your skills, can never pull off something like that ><

My thoughts on it:

1) Concerned it looks a little thin--maybe at least 50% thicker would make it more durable?
2) I think it'd look better if the fins were stretched out to match the width of the side of the front bumper, and the tongue to be flush against the HFP. Here's a pic to show what I'm talking about:

·
Premium Member
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Nice fabricating job, it's such a good idea. Wish I had your skills, can never pull off something like that ><

My thoughts on it:

1) Concerned it looks a little thin--maybe at least 50% thicker would make it more durable?
2) I think it'd look better if the fins were stretched out to match the width of the side of the front bumper, and the tongue to be flush against the HFP. Here's a pic to show what I'm talking about:

I will take all this in acount on my next one but 4.5 mils is thick enough in my opinion any thicker wouldnt look right

1 - 20 of 521 Posts