8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

121 - 140 of 172 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,034 Posts
Is there a bracket to hold it there? I believe PWJDM has 2 hooks with 2 bolts mounted onto the chassis. Your's is just a bottom portion. How is it held into place down there?

·
Premium Member
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
its flush mounted and hels in place by a sheet metal screw, and its nice and snug for added safety the trans ring holds ithe battery too to keep from any movement

·
Registered
134 Posts
Do you have any pictures of the bracket that mounts the battery above the tranny cables in the stock airbox position? You sent me a PM about that.
I am interested in that setup.

Also, does your tray have a way to use battery tiedowns? It looks like the tray is bolted, but the battery is still not tied down?

·
Premium Member
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
Do you have any pictures of the bracket that mounts the battery above the tranny cables in the stock airbox position? You sent me a PM about that.
I am interested in that setup.

Also, does your tray have a way to use battery tiedowns? It looks like the tray is bolted, but the battery is still not tied down?
when i took that pic it wasnt tied down because i was working on other things and was taking the battery in and out, see the other thread for pics of the tray and bracket

·
Premium Member
21,034 Posts
If you can make it look like PWjdm then I'd buy it. I don't trust one screw holding the tray with the battery on it lol

·
Premium Member
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
then put two screws, I dont make anything to look like anything else, its mine if i thought it needed more securing hardware then i would add it

·
Registered
134 Posts
If you can make it look like PWjdm then I'd buy it. I don't trust one screw holding the tray with the battery on it lol
Yeah precisely what I was thinking, thats why Im interested in his mounting position above the transmission cables.
Has a full bracket to attach it as opposed to sitting on the subframe

121 - 140 of 172 Posts