8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello 8thcivic :wavey:, I have a 2006 Civic Si and my A/C stopped working two months ago after 4 years of ownership. When I turn on the A/C, all I get is warm air and when I look at the compressor and fans, they both do not turn on when I press the A/C button. I have done the popular fix of replacing the A/C compressor clutch relay, but that did not work. I have also run the self-diagnostic test and did not see any blinks. My car does not overheat and my coolant levels are good.

I took it to a mechanic a week ago and they told me it was simply because my system was overcharged. I have owned the car for 4 years and have never touched the A/C system, as it has always worked prior to months ago, but I honestly never used the air conditioning much. I realize an overcharged system can result in warm air so I was pretty happy with the result. They fixed the overcharge (presumably from the past owner) and my A/C was blowing ice cold, only to find that it stopped working again after two days.

Would anyone happen to know why fixing the overcharge worked for a couple of days only to have the system stop working again? I would appreciate any kind of help.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Not sure if you have fixed this problem, but I had an issue recently that was a repeat of something that happened a couple years ago. My compressor started turning on and off seemingly at random. I suspected a bad pressure switch, and I took the connector off and checked readings but they seemed normal. My system worked perfectly after that, up until a couple weeks ago when the same symptoms occurred. I once again pulled the pressure switch connector and the a/c has been working fine.

My theory is that some oxidation formed on the contacts causing the sensor readings to be off enough to trigger the pressure shutoff. Removing and replacing the connector restored good contact. I have a code reader now and there was a "high refrigerant pressure" code stored in the ECU. I cleared it and it has not recurred.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not sure if you have fixed this problem, but I had an issue recently that was a repeat of something that happened a couple years ago. My compressor started turning on and off seemingly at random. I suspected a bad pressure switch, and I took the connector off and checked readings but they seemed normal. My system worked perfectly after that, up until a couple weeks ago when the same symptoms occurred. I once again pulled the pressure switch connector and the a/c has been working fine.

My theory is that some oxidation formed on the contacts causing the sensor readings to be off enough to trigger the pressure shutoff. Removing and replacing the connector restored good contact. I have a code reader now and there was a "high refrigerant pressure" code stored in the ECU. I cleared it and it has not recurred.
I had the same problem last year. I guess, it's somethng with the contact. Although I am pretty smart when it comes to different devices, I let others do their work. I do believe that everyone should be occupied with his own work as I’ve seen so many cases when people tried to fix aircons or other decices, but sth is always going wrong if you’re doing someone’s else work. I personally discovered a great aircon servicing on https://www.socool.sg/ offering various services from chemical overhaul to season washing. These guys arrive very quickly and the price of their work is pretty affordable. So, nice thing to check!

·
Registered
1 Posts
That sounds really weird I have never heard of such air con problems before. Have you tried going to a professional? I do know of a website where they have a lot of information about air con services and repair. Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts