8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My mods
a. Custom fabricated Hi Flow header (no brand)
b. Busted stock muffler (all opened up)
c. BMC CDA intake http://www.bmcairfilters.com/infoCDA.asp
d. NST 3pc pulley kit (oops, I forgot)

Petrol - 98 Octane
Correction Factor - 1.18
Power at Flywheel

My baseline when I got the car for dyno before UNICHIP

What is unichip? Its a product from DASTEK. You can do a search on the Internet. Plenty of information there.

After Unichip

Overall, highly recommended mod. Makes you car soooo driveable, game me that extra torque:lildevil: , screw the horses really:thumb:

Oh yeah.. for those who needs to do conversions..
http://www.statman.info/conversions/torque.html

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sk33ny said:
How much and where did you get it?
where I live... I paid 1.1K SGD (US$755) with dyno tuning and labour. Its a local company here mate... so, I think you have to find someone who can do that there..... you can also use the eManage Ultimate to get similar gains. I learnt from the past that it all really boils down to the tuner...

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
duh! said:
where I live... I paid 1.1K SGD (US$755) with dyno tuning and labour. Its a local company here mate... so, I think you have to find someone who can do that there..... you can also use the eManage Ultimate to get similar gains. I learnt from the past that it all really boils down to the tuner...
Oh its not one of those PnP 20 hp chips? Thats all that i associate Unichip with. :p

·
Registered
722 Posts
duh! said:
greddy emanage seems cheaper than this one
that's a nice gain after adding emanage

·
Registered
16,555 Posts
UNI-Chip is an " ok " means of " piggy-back " tuning, but to find a local tuner is almost IMPOSSIBLE.

On an all-motor setup you will see minimul gains, because a turbo setup is what its mainly for. Turbonetics uses mostly unichip for there turbo kits.

·
Registered
517 Posts
hey this unchip isn't too shabby, looks like 20hp and 20tq gain. a lot of torque throughout the rpm range. are u guys sure the greddy unit can do this? also, these kinds of gains are good, do u know what the unichip does? does it only do a/f adjustments or does it do ignition timing too? cam tuning?

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
im pretty sure where most of the gains come from on these chips is the timing advance...not good for long term for ur car or for F/I

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
lists 4wd in the title of the dyno sheet...skeptical. And where do you buy such a toy? How hard is it to program for those results?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts