8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
8,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I installed my Eibach Prokit with SPC Rear Camber Arms on Tokico HP Struts. After an alignment, I can fit one finger in the back :)giggle:) as wheel gap, the front is about 2 1/2 fingers. I checked the install thoroughly three times with a mechanic, nothing seems wrong. Any one have similar problems, or the same setup without the problem? Please chime in ASAP!

2-28-09
UPDATE

Front is a 2 finger gap, rear is zero finger...

·
Registered
967 Posts
I have the same springs and my drop is a bit uneven. It's not as drastic as the OP's unevenness though. I haven't had an alignment yet. Not to thread jack but will an alignment fix this?

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
Hrm...thats odd. I noticed a lot of Pro Kit owners have uneven drop rate. Mine is 1 finger gap all the way around. I didn't bother with the bump stop tho...wonder if that changes anything. :popcorn:

·
Registered
23,477 Posts
Hrm...thats odd. I noticed a lot of Pro Kit owners have uneven drop rate. Mine is 1 finger gap all the way around. I didn't bother with the bump stop tho...wonder if that changes anything. :popcorn:
Unless the vehicle is sitting on the bump stop, then it has NO effect on ride height. However, it does have an effect on travel of the strut when lowered.

·
Registered
8,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have the same springs and my drop is a bit uneven. It's not as drastic as the OP's unevenness though. I haven't had an alignment yet. Not to thread jack but will an alignment fix this?
It will help some but you definitely need an alignment its well worth it.
I think it might have to do with the perches on the Tokicos, they might be higher than stock..
i thought the prokit was always uneven, my rear is about 1 finger, and the front is about 1 finger 1/2.
Well naturally the front should be a little bit higher but not as much as mine, it seems to be about 2 fingers now though
No and alignment won't have anything to do with your car being uneven. Did you or the mechanic install it? Also, make sure it's on level ground!
An alignment will help a little but it is on level ground and both my mechanic and I installed the suspension

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
i had a very uneven drop with the pro-kit. it was higher in the front, and higher on the left side, front and back. i changed to different springs recently, and the L/R unevenness went away.

i've noticed that drops on our civics are very different from car to car with the same springs...

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Hmm strange. Ive got a finger gap front and finger and a half in the rear. So my car sits slightly raked which i think looks cool.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
yes i had an uneven drop for a while...actually even when i took them off 8 months later...our cars cant be corner balanced from the factory so thats the factor...one side is heavier then the other side...

·
Premium Member
21,034 Posts
Even though they are the same height in shock.. the overall height difference is dependent on the shock compression under load.

and btw, I installed Pro-kit on my friends car and the front is lower than the rear.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
possible blown shock in the rear or lazy shocks/ the rear has allways been slighlty lower on my sedan but from side to side its perfect and i think thats what matters. If i wanted excact height from front to back i would get coilovers.

peace

ps i do have a small sub enclosure in the rear but it only weights 30 pounds

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Using your finger isnt the most accurate measurment anyway. Measure from the center of the wheel up to the fender lip. Any amount of extra weight can change how the drop will look. A full tank of gas weighs almost 80lbs and will certainly make the back look lower.

·
Premium Member
21,034 Posts
If the difference is in finger sized gaps, then its surely a big difference and even noticeable to the naked eye. You wouldn't need to measure it from the center of the rim up to know theres a difference.

·
Premium Member
11,488 Posts
Even though they are the same height in shock.. the overall height difference is dependent on the shock compression under load.

and btw, I installed Pro-kit on my friends car and the front is lower than the rear.
compression length is also the same.

·
Registered
8,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i had a very uneven drop with the pro-kit. it was higher in the front, and higher on the left side, front and back. i changed to different springs recently, and the L/R unevenness went away.

i've noticed that drops on our civics are very different from car to car with the same springs...
Funny thing is the person I got them from had them on his Si, we took them off his stock struts and put them on my Tokico HP's...
Hmm strange. Ive got a finger gap front and finger and a half in the rear. So my car sits slightly raked which i think looks cool.
Hmm, can you post pictures if you don't mind?
yes i had an uneven drop for a while...actually even when i took them off 8 months later...our cars cant be corner balanced from the factory so thats the factor...one side is heavier then the other side...
Why can out cars not be corner balanced from the factory? I'm not understanding what that means
that's pretty much how mine is. also im using stock shocks so like OP said, it could be the tokico's
Thats what I was thinking
tokico hp/stock 07 FG2 shock struts

terrible pictures. but they're the same size.
Maybe the perch angles are different?

This is weird, I never heard of this problem until now, too bad its too late :giggle:
possible blown shock in the rear or lazy shocks/ the rear has allways been slighlty lower on my sedan but from side to side its perfect and i think thats what matters. If i wanted excact height from front to back i would get coilovers.

peace

ps i do have a small sub enclosure in the rear but it only weights 30 pounds
Normally on automobiles the front gap is larger than the rear due to the front wheels needing to be able to turn, but on my rear shocks, they're perfect, nothing wrong with them.
Using your finger isnt the most accurate measurment anyway. Measure from the center of the wheel up to the fender lip. Any amount of extra weight can change how the drop will look. A full tank of gas weighs almost 80lbs and will certainly make the back look lower.
I have a 1/4 tank and a 10" Earthquake (bazooka tube) sub, doesn't weigh much though. And although using a finger isn't accurate, it sure can provide a sense of measurement when the difference is 1 finger to 2 fingers.
If the difference is in finger sized gaps, then its surely a big difference and even noticeable to the naked eye. You wouldn't need to measure it from the center of the rim up to know theres a difference.
:word:
compression length is also the same.
:thumb:
on mine i can fit 1 finger in the front and 2 in the rear
but i dont have a camber kit yet
Definitely get camber, it's worth it.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts