8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sitting at an intersection yesterday, turning signal on, waiting to make a left turn. I see a girl in a Toyota Corolla come up behind me and stop. Turn my gaze back to oncoming traffic waiting to make my turn and BAM I get rear ended. A kid in an old Firebird rear ended the girl behind me, who got pushed into me.

We all pulled over to the side of the road to asses the damage. I called 911 before I even got out of the car. Judging from the jolt I felt, I couldn't bring myself to look at the ass end of my brand new Si. Got off the phone and I inched around the back, expecting the worst. Amazingly, almost no damage. A 2' long scuff in the center of the bumper. Not sure if re-painting will be required, but very possible. No dent. No crack. Trunk and trunk lid is OK. The Firebird kid walks up to me and starts to blame his tires. I look at him dumbfounded and tell him the tires didn't cause the accident! Arg!

Well ordinarily I wouldn't bother with insurance with such little damage. But I have absolutely no liability here. And I want my baby back to perfect. So I call my insurace GEICO, who were fantastic. But I also had to file a claim against the girl's insurance (Traveler's) that hit me. Even though it's not her fault, her insurance has to go after the Firebird kid's insurance.

So this week I'll take the Si to the dealer's collision shop for a check up and estimate. Anything I need to have them pay attention to besides whatever cosmetics they need to do to the bumper? Does the collision affect any compression systems that need to be checked out? Any other suggestions while I'm involved in this process?

I'm kinda ticked this happened to my new car but appreciative that the Si passed this collision test with very minimal damage.

·
Registered
121 Posts
ouch that always stinks. glad to hear geico was great because i'm insured with them as well :dancing:

i almost got rear ended prob within the 2nd month i bought my fg2. just pulled out a gas station sitting at a red light playing with the gears and then i heard a big smack behind me..i look up in my rear view and see the car behind me was rear ended..so i was pretty lucky that car didnt smack into me.

no one's safe these days :eek:hnoes:

·
Registered
427 Posts
I had someone hit my front left corner while i was parked 6 days into owning my Fiji. It was a hit and run but luckily they only scuffed the clear coat and I was able to get it 99% polished out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts