8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1221 - 1240 of 1246 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
So a 0.023f and 0.041n is the best jets for a si basically i/h/e and reflash for a safe wet shot? I must say reading off your post i have been able to learn alot about nitrous in our cars. Also you said to mount the lines 6-10 inches away from the maf right? Any other pointers? Its a wet kit im doing the install myself. Thanks for everyones help and info on this thread.

you dont want to run a dry shot.. INFACT u cant run a dry with out flashpro/fuel pump/injectors!! CANT CANT CANT!!!

you need to run a wet kit. you get the most power gains for less money form a wet shot...u can still get a TPMS switch or window switch that will only allow the nitrous to come in at full throttle at a certain RPM (EXAMPLE: 100% TPS @ 4200RPMS/SHUT OFF AT 8000RPMS)

Nitrous does not make the same power as a turbo but does yeild some very nice gains.

say if you had full bolts on/flash pro and you were making 210whp with a 100shot you would be in the 300whp range.

but you really dont want to run a dry shot man, its a pain in the ass and hard to get alot of power out of.

i highly suggest running a wet shot.

So here is the deal with flashpro:

you can lower your vtec engagement point to the same point at which you would set your window switch for the nitrous oxide engagement, also you can pull ignition and play with the fuel in the areas that might need some adding or subtracting. it is very possible to run a *WET* shot without flashpro. But you will not be able to run a dry shot without fuel upgrades such as injector and fuel pump and you would *HAVE TO HAVE FLASHPRO TO RUN A DRY SHOT*

i would suggest running flash pro with a wet shot for the reasons stated before and also.

you can monitor the Knock count, which your knock count is measured by the piezoelectric Chrystal knock sensor. it is important to know this because u can tune the IAT comp and the ignition to eliminate dangerous pre-det. which causes cylinder knock this can happen very easily with nitrous!

You can monitor your IAT: Which is your intake air temp.

you can also monitor your IDCs: injector duty cycles, if your dead set on running a dry shot which will once again require larger injectors and a fuel pump then you will HAVE to know what your IDCS are which will require flashpro

also with flashpro you can monitor your AFR: Air to fuel ratio.

now i will explain a wet shot and a dry shot. in a basic form.

Dry shot: This is where you would simply be adding nitrous oxide into the combustion chamber relying on your injectors and ecu to add the correct amount of fuel in order to generate your desired power level, this is common with forced induction application already running much larger injectors. And requires flashpro!!

Wet shot: This is the most common way to add nitrous power to your engine, and the most efficient. You spray nitrous oxide into the combustion chamber along with fuel, you can get this fuel from the factory fuel line by Teeing into the factory fuel line or you can get a Aftermarket fuel cell that mount in the trunk with a fuel pump ( i think NX makes a fuel cell and pump for this purpose but its very expensive) the nitrous and the fuel mix together perfectly to make your desired power, it is just your duty to monitor the AFRS and knock count.

you regulate the shot with jets on a wet shot, and can tune the AFR pretty accurately with jet tuning. But the only way to be 100% safe is with flashpro.

also with a wetshot i would highly suggest a fuel pump and window switch.

this is the jet sizes you would need to run in order to make 75 wet shot, which i hope you understand is the best and safest way for you to make power with nitrous without having to spend alot of extra money

nitrous jet: 0.041

fuel jet: 0.023

you can find everything you need for a fair price at this web page:

DynoTune - DynoTune-Nitrous systems, Purge kits, Nitrous Bottle heaters and more!

·
Registered
641 Posts
its not like he spraying it everyday so it gonna take a while..i would like to see what happen when he is bouncing off the rev limiter tho..its like a give or take..detonation will take effect so i wouldnt be surprise . i wouldnt use nitrous with anything less than 93 octane.

·
Registered
641 Posts
40 to fill up the bottle. fill up the bottle at msperformance in savannah,ga
each time they refill the bottle i double check to see where the psi is at and its always lay at 950psi.. when im spraying nitrous i like it to be 900^ psi no under..if it is then i will empty the bottle and fill it back up..

·
Registered
448 Posts
I`m using the NGK BKR8EIX. They are perfect for the job.
thanks, im asuming i wont notice a difference in my cars performance by using these when im daily driving it right?

im still confused as to why OP purchased a seperate Purge kit "Purge Kit #82010 $119.99" when the Nitrous Tuner Kit #82001 already comes with one..

can someone clarify? much appreciated!

·
Registered
345 Posts
You can use these nr. 8 plugs for the daily grind no problem.

I`m not familiar with the Generic American nitrous kits (I run a british nitrous kit) but if the #82001 kit comes with a puge kit then that`s even better for safety`s sake.

·
Registered
448 Posts
You can use these nr. 8 plugs for the daily grind no problem.

I`m not familiar with the Generic American nitrous kits (I run a british nitrous kit) but if the #82001 kit comes with a puge kit then that`s even better for safety`s sake.

thanks, what jet size are you guys using for a 50 shot? im not sure if i should do a 50 or a 75 while untunned...

i see OP put for a 75 shot to use
nitrous jet: 0.041
fuel jet: 0.023

but is that good for a 50 as well?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Depends which kit you have. If the company you bought the nitrous kit from has a website they might have a reference chart graphing all the recommended jet sizes for various nitrous shots. Worth a look.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Depends which kit you have. If the company you bought the nitrous kit from has a website they might have a reference chart graphing all the recommended jet sizes for various nitrous shots. Worth a look.
thanks i went through the zex instructional pdf and found this:

PDF can be download here with all instructions on this ZEX Kit.
ZEX? 4-6 Cylinder EFI Wet Nitrous System

·
Registered
345 Posts
That should do it. But remember the nitrous/fuel ratio changes with bottle pressure so these chart numbers are not etched in stone.
You have to experiment and see which bottle pressure/nitrous/fuel ratio the engine likes.
That means setting the nitrous system up rich to be on the safe side and then make some runs. Start with a low shot, 25 bhps or so and work your way up.
Take out the plugs are each run even if it`s a pita. It`s the only real way to make sure the mixture is within ballpark. You have to know where to look for when checking the plugs to determine what jetting/bottle pressure the engine needs.

·
Registered
448 Posts
That should do it. But remember the nitrous/fuel ratio changes with bottle pressure so these chart numbers are not etched in stone.
You have to experiment and see which bottle pressure/nitrous/fuel ratio the engine likes.
That means setting the nitrous system up rich to be on the safe side and then make some runs. Start with a low shot, 25 bhps or so and work your way up.
Take out the plugs are each run even if it`s a pita. It`s the only real way to make sure the mixture is within ballpark. You have to know where to look for when checking the plugs to determine what jetting/bottle pressure the engine needs.
thanks, i appreciate the help

1221 - 1240 of 1246 Posts