8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1201 - 1220 of 1246 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Feeling better already. I installed my nitrous kit during the time Trevor was making a tour across the pond through several states. Even after he got back he was buried in work due to release of new nitrous products. I didn`t want to bother him with my nooby questions.

Concerning ignition advance and nitrous, I think you`re right. Lots of Noswizard users run the stock ecu and don`t seem to have issues.
I especially refer to that nutter Brett928S with his WON powered 928 porker.
He recently let the car clear its throat with a sniff of that cold white stuff somewhere on his private track and according to his GPS reached a speed of 20.8 mph. (might have put that dot at the wrong place).
That 4.7 litre engine is completely stock apart from the 700 extra ponies from the REVO system, quite an achievement in my book.

·
Registered
345 Posts
oh I want that revo system sooooo bad!!! You should get it for me for christmas :giggle:
Consider it done. In return I would like to have a new horsetrailer please, my old one broke down lol.

As to the REVO system, I don`t know if it is available now to the general public. They are still extremely busy.
To be honest, I think it`s a bit overkill for our use. Like you I was very excited about the REVO system on initial release, but now reality has sunk in. A 100 bhp shot is already a 50% power increase on my car, I can take it up to a 150 bhp shot if I want but I`m not sure how long the engine will cope with that.

·
Registered
58 Posts
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1151.snc4/149354_10150116310335337_580190336_7171995_6603414_n.jpg

I suppose you don`t have pictures of the damaged spark plugs? You got me slightly worried now because I`m running a 100 bhp shot on my CTR and it`s on the stock ecu. I`m using the NGK BKR8EIX regapped from 0.7 mm to 0.85mm, otherwise the engine wouldn`t run right off the gas.

I have done about 30 1/4 mile passes with a 100 bhp shot now without any adverse effects. Mind you, because of my controller I start at 30% on a 6 second ramp up time, so the engine gets a 100% load only on the last part of the 1/4 mile. I deliberately give it a somewhat rich mixture. On my LC1 controller it`s about 11.2-10.5:1 in 3rd and 4th gear.
Unfortunately my ELM 327 broke some time ago, so no means of checking ignition advance and engine knock. Running Shell 97 Octane super unleaded b.t.w.

So that leaves me with the age old plug check. This is how they usually look:

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n90/tu5j4/nitrous parts and install/HPIM1162.jpg
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n90/tu5j4/nitrous parts and install/HPIM1167.jpg

Apology for the poor piccies, el cheapo Chinese camera.
According to the Noswizard, this is how they should look. Don`t mind the spotty looks and discoloration on the plugs, modern fuels have more than 100 chemical additives today, and they create adverse visual side effects during the combustion cycle on the internal components.
I have only basic knowledge when it comes to plugs, but the porcelain has to be clean and free of tiny black particles or silvery looking specs. That`s a sign of detonation.

I`m impatiently waiting for the nitrous control to arrive for flashpro. That should solve some problems. Hope the nitrous controle feature is compatible with the pulse characteristics of the Noswizard pulsoids.

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
proper is never a certainty with nitrous. All it takes is one small mistake. just like hitting your rev limiter. the only way to truly prevent this is to set your window switch 500 rpm or so before redline. Cause Your system wont react fast enough if you hit it fast enough.

That was just one example. There more ways that it can cause harm if in the wrong hands. Research is always recommended if you choose to step through the door to nitrous. But trust me if done right, And done with caution and respect for it. It can last a while and still be safe.

I ran 60k miles using nitrous before I sold my car. I had one mishap and it was my fault not the nitrous. I got lucky and I hope he has gotten lucky as well.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Hello HG. Nice to hear back from you. Sorry to hear you sold your SI. Do you still have nitrous? Or perhaps you went the turbo route?

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
not running nitrous yet but yes I still have the kit. I think it would be awesome to turn the dodge nitro into the dodge nitrous lol. I am a lil nervous about nitrous on this motor though. The honda motor is a better motor in my opinion. I think it can handle it better.

The intake manifold on this motor is not as strait and I am worried about distribution with a single fogger. So If I do I think I will look into a direct port system. My compression is not as scary on this motor as the K20Z3 So that is a plus. I also have not done enough study to know if the ignition is strong enough for it either.

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
The funny thing about trading in my car is that I have been seeing it cruise around lol. I started seeing it about a week after I got the nitro. It kind of makes me sad. Knowing how much fun I had in it.

I just hope the person that bought it knows what he/she is doing. It had things that you had to tinker with. Like the clutch. So hopefully they are as happy with the SI as I was.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
havnt sprayed in a while so trying to update my kit a bit , i have a question for anyone who can help
my nitrous fogger nozzle spins freely in the hole that was originally drilled so i need a new whole for it so i need to re locate the fogger nozzle what is the best way to close up the old hole , the threads are f*** there is no saving that hole any reccomendations

also i assume .047 nitrous and .026 fuel is 100 shot , if i wanna have some more fuel jets handy for tuning should i get like 2 higher and 2 lower fuel jet settings for on the spot fuel jet tuning once im on the dyno ?

·
Banned
4,164 Posts
proper is never a certainty with nitrous. All it takes is one small mistake. just like hitting your rev limiter. the only way to truly prevent this is to set your window switch 500 rpm or so before redline. Cause Your system wont react fast enough if you hit it fast enough.

That was just one example. There more ways that it can cause harm if in the wrong hands. Research is always recommended if you choose to step through the door to nitrous. But trust me if done right, And done with caution and respect for it. It can last a while and still be safe.

I ran 60k miles using nitrous before I sold my car. I had one mishap and it was my fault not the nitrous. I got lucky and I hope he has gotten lucky as well.
agree to the max.

tho i will say my first nitrous k series i didnt use a window switch and smacked the crap out of the rev limiter like crazy and it held together for a long time. never blew actually. lol

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
hey man i just got done reading your entire n2o thread and i just have one question.. im interested to spray and i did my homework but somethings are just a litte confusing to me..

1) i want to be able to spray and not spray when i please like you stated in your thread ( If the mustang tants me) well to my understanding you have your window switch set to say 5600 and shut off at 7300rpms i understand that it when the n2o will spray and all i get that what i dont understand is say i have my window set the the above example but i DONT want to spray..if i go into redline how do i NOT spray when im going into my window...like while your in your window your n2o is automatically spraying bc thats what you have it set at right? if i dont open my bottle and go past my window i just once again be all motor correct? this part is just confusing to me but i understand everything else..also if i am opened bottle and im in my window and hit my start spray rmps it just sprays correct i dont have to be in my start spray rpms and then hit a button to actually start the spray?

i know that is prob confusing to you cuz its hard for me to word it the right way the questions im trying to ask but i hope you can understand it

Thanks man i apperciate any feedback!

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
^you scare me :shady: and you should scare your self. stay away from the bottle if you have to ask that question. buy books lots of them. The window switch is not your arming switch. Is not an arming switch!

·
Banned
4,164 Posts
she means your window switch isnt your arming switch.. ur arming switch arms the entire system window switch and throttle switch all... assuming you wire it up that way.

for the sake of pushing a big argument away, just pm me with any questions heckler...

soon ppl will be telling you lots of dos and donts and needs... especially when it comes to fuel and and what shot size to run.

1201 - 1220 of 1246 Posts