8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Ugh why?

2K views 35 replies 20 participants last post by  si2008 
#1 ·
So i ran into the grocery store to grab a few things. Im in the store no longer than ten to fifteen mins, i parked out in the north forty due to it being farely busy and dont like door dings. So i come outside and the first thing i see is a cart in front of my car right in front of the passenger headlight..:readtherules: so i keep walking the closer i get the angrier i get so i get up to the car and see that its resting on my bumper i pull the cart off and theres some scratches i wiped off most of them but im gonna have to buff off a few little scratches.. and there was also another car on the side of it but it didnt hit my car. and the sad part was there was a cart holder across the row of where i was parked. sorry for the long post but i was wondering if you guys have any stories of parking lot damages?

#8 ·
:yeahthat: i also wont park next to mini vans or cars that are banged up. farther is not always better. i also will park next to a car that looks like the person takes pride in it.

#6 ·
Thats stupid. i went snowboarding the other day me and my buddy were walking to my car i always park n the north forty but anyways it was a rock parking lot and there was these two guys in a truck and the next thing i know there doing donuts in the rocks throwing rocks everywhere and were hitting this 3 series bmw that was parked there.. i was thinking what idiots.

#17 ·
everynow and then i'll catch another fellow enthusiasts car parked out in the middle of nowhere... so i'll catch a spot by them..... and i've noticed people do the same where i park i'll find another enthusiasts car parked near me when i come back............ but for the most part its far far away where my car is by itself

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

#24 ·
I used to work at a grocery store, and thats all I would see.. random ass stray carts that do some DAMAGE... Had a cart hit my car once, just saw like I guess you would call it residue... so I wiped it off.. no harm done... I get home im walking inside when my sister goes, Wtf did you hit? "Excuse me?" There was a HUGE dent there.

#25 ·
Urgh I hate when that happens =(

Whenever I go to the parking lot and see a shopping cart closeby I freak out and inspect the car, lol. So far I haven't been dinged by one of them.

One thing to watch out is that if you park too far away in a remote spot, you'll get haters that'll vandalize your car. So you have to park close enough to prevent that, but far away enough so that you don't dinged or rammed by inconsiderate people. When there are no good spots, find a ding-less enthusiast car =P

#27 ·
Nothing bad really happened to me, but it actually happened to my sister. She drives an Accord coupe and someone wedged a flat bed shopping cart (you know, one of those that you find at those home improvement like stores) underneath her front bumper. It obviously doesn't clear and scraped the heck out of the lower front of her bumper.

:pat:

#28 ·
I think i have a good one:

I was by walmart in my car waiting for it to warm but when a lady with her three kids came to their escalade with their shopping cart she saw me in my car and even smiled, after unpacking her **** she just ditched the cart off to the side i got so pissed off that i got out of my car as she was pushing it off to the side slammed by door grabbed the cart and put it away, embarassing her infron of her kids and making her feel like an absolute idiot. i was so mad the cart bin was like 20 feet away, as i waked back to my car i looked at her and shook my head. (im 17)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.