8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went in for an ABS recall, and the popping noise from the front at low speed. Took the Honda TSB 07-043 and said I have the same symptom. I was also curious how much they charge to replace tranny fluid with Amsoil MTF ($55 anal rapage without lube for that btw).

I gotta tell ya, a monkey knows cars better than people at a service desk lately.

Here is what she said that was completely idiotic.
1. When i said I have the same symptom as this TSB, showing her the Honda TSB, her response... "We won't look at TSB for Honda, because it is a different car"
2. She asked if I wanted to do the oil change, because it was at 20%, I said "I am going change both the tranny and engine to Amsoil synthetic myself" - her response.... "You can't use Amsoil Synthetic in the transmission or engine, it has to be Acura MTF/engine oil or Acura will not honour your warranty."
3. She asked me if I wanted winter wheels tires because they are on special, I told her I had already ordered some. her response - "You have to have Acura wheels on your car, other wheels would void your warranty."

What a joke...

I'm putting Amsoil MTF in myself, and doing my own oil change. So frustrated with dealerships lately. I bet most people believe this stuff the dealership tells them.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NIGHTHAWKSI said:
^lol. whats with all the acura references though? acura MTF? acura tires? (i didnt even know acura made tires, lol)

I'm driving an Acura CSX Type S, which is a "pimp my ride" version of the Si Sedan. :wavey:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts