8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

341 - 348 of 348 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Honestly, he looked fine after eating that upkick. Most other people probably wouldve complained until a point got taken away, which I was amazed that Mousasi didnt get a point deducted. Regardless, Machida has that warrior spirit to keep going.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Also that outside leg trip, INSANE! so simple and effective. Had to rewind my DVR just to watch that part again it happened so fast.

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
Mousasi has a nasty ground game. I remember watching his fight against Jacare Souza and Mousasi KO'd him with an upkick. Lol. And of course, Mousasi didn't mean to do an illegal upkick. It was hard to see what position Machida was in. Mousasi may have a strong chin, but Machida ate that upkick. Lol.

I give credit to Mousasi for staying true to his game plan. As we all know, most fighters tend to get frustrated with Machinda's style and sooner or later they'll forget theirs and get caught. He stuck to his plan unfortunately he came out with the loss.

Life's like an ex-wife...............Glad I'm married!

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
2 year dead thread bump lol!

So - unhappy about the DC vs JJ 200 match announced on Good Morning America this morning, the last card Jones won, but it was a snoozefest IMHO (the whole card was, sans Mighty Mouse who I don't care too much for, but can respect his skill - it's just the little guys are less exciting).

I was praying for GSP to come back into the fold. I had/have a good feeling that UFC Brass isn't going to let McG touch UFC200 after his stunts. He is a big dog with a bite, but you don't bite your master, unless you can kill him. People are saying he is bigger than UFC, and I disagree. Without the UFC, he either has Bellator (I like Bellator, it's just not the top contenders for the most part) or he can be a fight promotion, which UFC isn't going to roll with AT ALL. Or he could run his own gym/camp - those options don't pay the same as his PPV buyins and bonuses.

Either way, my fav fighter is coming up to fight next! Dutch Beast Overeem!!!! UFC -FN87 is a freaking STACKED card. Alistair has in my opinion the best knees in the game, and just a brutal muy thai clinch. I've watched him since I was a teenager in Pride, K1, and Glory (I do missed the juiced up version of Reem, but he's still great).

Last Bellator was the debut (on BT) for Venom Page, finally!! - just wish it was a longer fight. I encourage you to watch his highlight reel on youtube, the dude has a 30ft reach (watch and you'll see what I mean). So I'll continue tracking MvP - but he needs higher tier opponents because he is that good.

Anyways - 2 year thread bump, I've followed MMA for a long long time, but see zero activity on here. Eh.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Sadly, Kimbo Slice passed away a few hours ago on 06/06/2016 at the age of 42.

Rest in peace K-Ferg. Thoughts and prayers to your family. Godspeed.

341 - 348 of 348 Posts
About this Discussion
347 Replies
85 Participants
Dar-Dar
8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
We’re a community for 8th Gen 2006 - 2011 Civic owners to discuss performance mods, body kits, Si models, turbo kits and accessories. Come Join the club!
Full Forum Listing