8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 348 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any UfC fans out there ? If so who is your favorite fighter and why ? Who will win the fight between Brock and Randy ? I think Forest Griffen is my fav. fighter wright now just because he was such a under dog in his last fight and he is a great fighter !!!!!!!!!!!!!:bsflag::wheee: :vtec::dancingcoolsmiley:
O YEA Dana White sucks to:thumb:

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Any UfC fans out there ? If so who is your favorite fighter and why ? Who will win the fight between Brock and Randy ? I think Forest Griffen is my fav. fighter wright now just because he was such a under dog in his last fight and he is a great fighter !!!!!!!!!!!!!:bsflag::wheee: :vtec::dancingcoolsmiley:
may i ask why?

·
Super Moderator
11,559 Posts
can not wait for the fight tomorrow its going to be so good

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
randys getting his ass whoooppeeeed.. im sorry he gets mad probs and hes a legend.. bc hes not beating lesnar... GSP IS MY FAV... SILVA IS GOOD AND FORREST ..

·
Registered
131 Posts

I'm a huge UFC fan so I have a lot of favorite fighters:

* Chris Leban: not the best fighter by far, but he comes out and fights 100% everytime. He never runs and he never backs down. Never a boring fight with him in the ring.

* Chuck Liddell: he's lost 3 of his last 4, but again he always comes to fight. I don't think there's ever been a boring fight with him in it. Plus he has a nice list of impressive knockouts to his name. Hopefully he's got a few left in him. His fight with Wanderlei was great.

* Wanderlei Silva: do I even need to explain this one. The guy is a beast!

* Quentin "Rampage" Jackson: the guy loves to powerbomb / slam people. Who doesn't love that?!?!

* Anderson Silva: the guy utilizes many different forms of martial arts whe he fights. There are some guys that are great at just boxing, some are great at just kicking, some are BJJ experts with absolutely no stand up, and some people are wrestling wizards.

Anderson Silva uses almost all of the above practices whene he fights. He's throwing punches, kicks, knees, elbows, submitting people, etc. etc. His only weakness is his wrestling (he doesn't shoot & take people down) and I hesitate to call that a weakness because he doesn't seem to need it to win.

* George "Rush" St. Pierre: See above. The only real difference I see between GSP and the Spider is that GSP is better at wrestling and the Spider is better at Muy Thai. Aside from that GSP will hit you with every limb on his body, wrestle you to the ground and then either punch your face in or submit you.

* Clay Guida: dude is a little tazmanian devil. Doesn't have the best record because he can be reckless and get caught (see his fight with Roger Huerta) but he always goes balls to the wall and makes the fight entertaining to watch.

* I think Brock will win the fight because he has a wrestling background (Randy is good at wrestling) so he "shouldn't" get man handled in the area. His striking so far has been good enough. He's not throwing round house kicks and spinning back fist. But in his two UFC fights so far he's knocked down both Mir and Heath Hearing. So we can at least say he's a somewhat accurate striker and he has some nice power.

He would have finished Mir if Mir hadn't turtled and exposed the back of his head, and consequently if Brock would have calmed down and realized that he was now hitting Mir illegally. A seasoned vet would have hit him somewhere else.

I also think he would have finished Hearring if he would have pushed the pace more, but after losing to Mir for being overzealous I think he wanted to play it safe. Even if I'm wrong, Big Nog (Antonia Noguira) didn't finish Hearring either and he's got over 25 fights to his name, so I can't really get on Brock with only 3 fights to his name.

The only questions I have about Brocks fightin is: can he take a punch?

how good has his submission defence become since his Mir fight? I know Randy isn't a BJJ wizard but again with only 3 fights to his belt, Brock may or may not be good enough to defend against subs from a half decent BJJ guy.

finally, how good is his ground game in general? Can he fight effectively inside of a active guard? can he submit a person if need be?

If Randy wins I wouldn't be suprised, he has a lot of experience and skill and he's pulled off many upsets; see his last two fights for example. But if I had to bet money I would bet on Brock.

·
Banned
24,191 Posts
CHUCk LIDDELL is the man!My fav anyways.I don't know why I missed out on him when he came here to Baghdad airport.I swear that I always miss him when he's right under my nose.As far as Brock and Randy that's a close one and I'll never make themistake again of thinking that one person is going to win for sure.Chuck getting knocked out shocked me more than it did him I'm sure.

·
Premium Member
64,413 Posts
If Couture doesn't get his ass kicked by Lesnar then it's fixed!!:eek:hsnap:

Looking forward to the Florian ,Stevenson fight also...Kenny's one of my favorites!!:woot:

Favorite fighter is Anderson Silva...he got ripped the last fight with Cote and barely got a chance to showcase his skills!!

Looking forward to the fights tonight!!!:woot:

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
If Couture doesn't get his ass kicked by Lesnar then it's fixed!!:eek:hsnap:

Looking forward to the fights tonight!!!:woot:
:yeahthat:

BROCK LESNAR FTMFW!!!!

my freind and mma fighter Neil "Chaos" Cook has been training with him and will be in his corner tonight!!!!!:dance::thumb:

GO LESNAR!

:badger::woot::woowoo:

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
My favorite is Fedor... i know he isnt in UFC but still. I will vote for Randy.. hope his experience is gonna help him out. If he is gonna lose, he may as well retire...

·
Registered
726 Posts
My favorite is Fedor... i know he isnt in UFC but still. I will vote for Randy.. hope his experience is gonna help him out. If he is gonna lose, he may as well retire...
:word:

If Couture wins, we may be one step closer to seeing the dream match of Couture vs. Fedor.

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
LESNAR WON :eek:hsnap::wheee::SHOCKED::eek:mg::wigglesmiley: He is on big mofo!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 348 Posts