Premium Member
64,413 Posts
lol...it's Gonzaga:thumb:

but yeah damn Couture at 44 seems unstoppable right now.:eek:hnoes:

Great fight!

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts
I knew my boy Randy could pull through this.. a lot of people that I talked to were doubting him but c'mon, he's the natural baby!

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
He's lucky Gonzaga was lucky with that kick to Crocop... otherwise Randy would be in a world of hurt right now. Ask Franklin what happens when you go against a Pride fighter. ;)

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Toxis said:
He's lucky Gonzaga was lucky with that kick to Crocop... otherwise Randy would be in a world of hurt right now. Ask Franklin what happens when you go against a Pride fighter. ;)
Gonzaga got lucky, just like Randleman did when he fought Crocop. It ended in a similar manner with both fighters just feeling eachother out for the first minute or so then out of nowhere swing for the fences that connects. When Crocop got his rematch, he used Randleman for target practice.

I like Randy. I'm just glad he came back and took the belt away from that paper champ Tim Sylvia who was only there because the UFC had a poor HW division compared to it's overseas competitor which was full of top caliber fighters and former UFC HW champs. LHW was the same way as well, just look at how long Tito Ortiz and Chuck Liddell were so dominant, when someone is that dominant and has maybe 1-2 title defense a year it just shows me that there is no competition. With UFC the TUF tv show was the greatest thing that ever happened to them, they can build up their own stars even if they can't fight their way out of a paper bag at least people recognize them.

The UFC has great lower weight divisions though alot of good fighters who can take the belt at any given time.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Tommygun43 said:
So who do you guys think could be next for Randy?
Fedor!!! Nog would be a good match up too. Mark Hunt would be an interesting fight but I still see Randy winning it with his wrestling and takedowns.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I actually wrestled with Randy Couture last year at my wrestling camp for about an hour. We were just practicing, but it was still tight as hell. I even beat him a few times during live :thumb:

·
Registered
443 Posts
Toxis said:
Actually he connected 3 times with that leg kick. and the last one broke/fractured his forearm and the natural still finished him with punches. Randy is beast. His next opponent will most likely be the winner of congo crocop fight or silvia and vera fight. either way the UFC HW division is stacked.

Cant wait to see Rampage whoop Hollywoods azz. Should be interesting. Dan Henderson in an animal so its a close fight to call but i think Rampage will pull it out. Sooooo many good fights coming up.

Bout time there was an MMA thread in here!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts